Delhi mall gets 'bomb threat' call


Posted on 7th Jan 2015 04:53 pm by mohit kumar

New Delhi, Jan 6 (IANS) A bomb threat created panic at a shopping mall here Tuesday, but it later turned out to be hoax, police said.

A phone call from an unidentified person was received at the reception of Ambience mall in Vasant Kunj area of south Delhi around 3 p.m.

"It was a male voice that said 'a bomb will explode in the mall'," police said.

Police personnel immediately rushed to the spot and evacuated people from the mall.

After a thorough search, the bomb threat turned out to be a hoax.

Police said there was no caller ID service on the landline phone.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
0 Like 0 Dislike
Previous news Next news
Other news

India-UK: India launches visa scheme for UK youth, facility has started in New Delhi

The High Commission of India in the UK on Tuesday started the visa application process for Britis

Elvish Yadav's problems may increase, and Maneka Gandhi's organization filed a case; Read what the whole matter

YouTuber Elvish Yadav is in the news after winning Bigg Boss OTT-2 and has been embroiled in cont

Ram Mandir: 'Unfortunate decision, heartbroken' Congress rejected the invitation for consecration of Ram Mandir, party leaders angry

Congress leaders Sonia Gandhi, Mallikarjun Kharge, and Adhir Ranjan Choudhary will not attend the

Indian Police Force Review: Policemen stay two steps away, take and give just the same, Tana na na, Tana na na, na na na

In a press conference held earlier in the era of Amazon Prime Video, when Hindi cinema's Khiladi

Censor Board Chief Leela Samson Quits

Mumbai, Jan 16 (IANS) Leela Samson has resigned as chairperson of the Central Board of Film Cer

Kejriwal Visits Temples, Gurudwaras ahead of Polling

New Delhi, Feb 6 (IANS) A day before Delhi goes to the polls, AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal Friday

Colombian jazz makes for ethereal evening

New Delhi, March 21 (IANS) Delhi-ites grooved to the beats of a Colombian band on Saturday even

Israel: PM Benjamin Netanyahu's tone changed after America's protest! Said- Israel does not want to occupy GazaA

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said that his country does not want to occupy, admi

CAB hopeful of Eden Gardens getting more matches

Kolkata, March 3 (IANS) With Jagmohan Dalmiya back at the helm of the Board of Control for Cric

Will Pakistan give a competition to Rafale and S-400 with JF-17? Know who is more effective

Pakistan PM Imran Khan is in the final stages of procuring 50 JF-17 Block III fighter aircraft af

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash