IPL 2024: After the title win, Mitchell Starc made a big statement, and hinted at retiring from any one format.


Posted on 27th May 2024 02:10 pm by rohit kumar

Fast bowler Mitchell Starc, who played an important role in the victory of Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR), made a big statement. Australia's Starc has hinted that he may also skip one format to play more franchise cricket. Starc is the highest-paid player in IPL history. KKR bought Starc for the IPL 2024 season by paying Rs 24.75 crore. Starc performed strongly in the Qualifier-1 and final matches against Sunrisers Hyderabad and played an important role in helping the team win the title. 


 

Can retire from ODI

Starc, who avoided the lure of lucrative private leagues for almost a decade due to his commitment to the national team, has hinted that he may give up one format to include more franchise cricket in his schedule. Although the 34-year-old fast bowler did not reveal which format he wants to leave, considering that the next 50-over World Cup will be held in 2027, it is likely to be the ODI format.


 

Want to give priority to franchise cricket

Starc saidin the last nine years I have given priority to Australian cricket. I mostly opted out of these tournaments to give my body a rest and a chance to spend some time with my wife away from cricket, so that's been where my mind has been focused over the last nine years. I'm nearing the end of my career. One can retire from a format because there is still a lot of time till the next World Cup and whether I stop playing in that format or not, it will open doors for a lot of franchise cricket.


 

IPL helped in preparation for the World Cup

Starc said that this year's IPL helped him prepare for the T20 World Cup starting in America and West Indies from June 2. He said, T20 World Cup is the other side of the benefits of being held here. Some great players in a fantastic tournament and the preparation and success ahead of the T20 World Cup have been excellent. It is great that many players are in very good shape for the World Cup.


 

Starc hopes to play for KKR next year also

There is a mega auction to be held before the next season, but Starc is hopeful that he will play for KKR next year as well. He said, 'I don't know the program very well, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it and hope to come back next year and hopefully be seen in the KKR jersey again.' Starc, like many others, agreed that the impact player rule has led to big scores in the IPL and a big score like 270 will not be seen in the T20 World Cup. He said that he expects more help from the spinners in the T20 World Cup.

1 Like 0 Dislike
Previous news Next news
Other news

Delhi Turkman Gate Violence: Action taken against stone-pelters, 10 people detained, efforts underway to identify the rioters.

An anti-encroachment drive near the Faiz-e-Ilahi mosque in Delhi's Turkman Gate area turned viole

SCO: PM Modi may distance himself from the SCO meeting to be held in Pakistan; India, angry with terrorism, may take this step

Prime Minister Narendra Modi may distance himself from the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO

An update on Rajinikanth's health, he was admitted to the hospital on Monday due to ill health.

Superstar Rajinikanth has been admitted to Apollo Hospital in Chennai late Monday night. The acto

Trump Tariff vs India: Tensions in business relations between India and America will affect both countries

India is a major trading partner of the US. Last year, trade between the two countries was around

PM Modi: 'Pakistan knows it cannot win a direct war, that is why it is sending terrorists', PM Modi exposed the neighbor

Today is the second day of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Gujarat visit. He inaugurated and laid

Paatal Lok 2 Trailer: 'Paatal Lok' permanent resident is back, suspense-filled explosive trailer released

The trailer of Jaideep Ahlawat's most awaited series 'Paatal Lok 2' has been released. This time

Ghooskhor Pandat Controversy: Film announcement, protests, and court rebuke; find out what happened in the 'Ghooskhor Pandit' controversy.

The Manoj Bajpayee-starrer "Ghooskhor Pandat" was officially announced on February 3rd. With this

IPL 2025: Did Lucknow make a plan of '50 crores' to buy Rohit? Statement of team owner Sanjiv Goenka

There may be a mega auction this year for IPL 2025. Talks are currently going on between the BCCI

Lok Sabha Election 2024: Today, with massive rallies of PM Modi, Mallikarjun Kharge, and Amit Shah, the election temperature will rise in these states.

After the fifth phase of voting, the temperature of the sixth phase started rising. Tuesday 

IND vs PAK: After the match, Indian and Pakistani players shook hands and applauded each other.

Blind women cricketers from India and Pakistan surprised everyone by shaking hands with each othe

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash