
Amid violence in Manipur, the government has extended the ban on mobile internet services in the territorial jurisdiction of five districts of the state for five more days. Now internet services will remain banned in these districts till 3 pm on September 20.
The Commissioner (Home) of the Manipur government on Sunday issued an order regarding the extension of the ban on mobile internet services, which said, "Given the prevailing law and order situation, the state government has decided to continue the suspension of internet and mobile data services, including VSAT and VPN services, in the territorial jurisdiction of Imphal West, Imphal East, Thoubal, Bishnupur and Kakching districts of Manipur for the next 5 days." He said that mobile internet services will remain banned from 3 pm on September 15 to 3 pm on September 20.
On September 12, the state government liberally lifted the suspension of internet services in case of broadband service (ILL and FTTH) subject to the fulfillment of terms and conditions. However, the state government decided to keep the mobile internet data suspended as there is still a possibility of disinformation and false rumors spreading through various social media.
Earlier in the day, the state authorities relaxed the curfew from 5 am to 12 noon in all areas of Imphal West, Imphal East, Bishnupur, and Thoubal districts for the convenience of the general public to buy essential commodities including medicines and food items. People were forced to return to their respective places as the relaxation period in the curfew ended. However, the movement of persons related to essential services was exempted from imposing a curfew after the expiry of the said period of relaxation.
Let us tell you that given the law and order situation arising due to the students' protest amid the Manipur violence, the authorities have imposed a curfew in the valley districts from 11 am on September 10. Violence has been going on in Manipur since a rally turned violent in May last year. More than 200 people have lost their lives in this violence so far. Whereas, more than 50 thousand people have been internally displaced.
Bigg Boss 19: This TV actress got an invitation to Salman Khan's show, will she enter season 19?
Everyone is eagerly waiting for the controversial show Bigg Boss 19 on the small screen. Every da
More than 50 crore people have already taken baths in Maha Kumbh, but there is no sign of any kin
The matter of controversial comments in 'India's Got Latent' is constantly in the headlines. A po
Singer-actor Diljit Dosanjh recently broke his silence on the delay in the release of his film "S
After the terrorist attack in Pahalgam, Jammu and Kashmir, the central government has called an a
Bigg Boss 19: Malti Chahar slaps Tanya Mittal, causing another uproar in the Bigg Boss house.
The grand finale of Bigg Boss Season 19 will take place in two weeks, with one contestant receivi
Hardik Pandya once appeared on the show Coffee with Karan with his friend KL Rahul. When this sho
In the latest episode of the controversial reality show Bigg Boss 18, Gunaratna Sadavarte has don
Australian opener Usman Khawaja's condition is similar to that of Indian captain Rohit Sharma at
Indian team's fast bowler Akash Deep performed brilliantly in the second Test match against Engla