RG Kar Case: Even after many secrets were revealed in the RG Kar case, the CBI's hands were empty, investigation affected due to a lack of evidence


Posted on 9th Sep 2024 12:34 pm by rohit kumar

Today, a full month has passed since the case of rape and murder of a female trainee doctor in West Bengal. But, the CBI is still empty-handed. Investigators have not yet been able to find out the real reason behind the crime committed at RG Kar Medical College and Hospital in Kolkata. Officials are citing a lack of evidence as the reason behind this.

 

This is the case

 

It is worth noting that after the body of the trainee doctor was found in the seminar room of the hospital on August 9, there were nationwide protests against the incident. The police arrested Kolkata Police's civil volunteer Sanjay Roy the next day in this connection. The TMC government and West Bengal Police are in the dock. There is a continuous reprimand from the Supreme Court. There is uproar in the state. At the same time, seeing the tension increasing, the Calcutta High Court handed over the investigation to the CBI on August 13. Earlier, Kolkata Police was investigating the case.

 

CBI officials unable to connect many links

Now CBI officials say that due to lack of evidence, they are unable to connect many links of the case. This has affected the investigation. During the investigation, it was found that the hospital's former principal Dr Sandip Ghosh had ordered the demolition of the doctors' restroom and the toilet attached to the seminar hall on August 10. It is feared that crucial evidence was also destroyed as the Public Works Department (PWD) demolished a part of these areas.

 

A video on social media also showed that people had gathered in the seminar hall soon after the body was found. However, the police claimed that the space inside the room was cordoned off.

 

The CBI has questioned witnesses including Ghosh, other doctors, officials, and security personnel, and arrested prime accused Sanjay Roy. An official said, "There is a lack of evidence in this case. That is why our investigation is not able to reach any conclusion." Circumstantial evidence, interrogation of people, and DNA evidence are not able to confirm the involvement of multiple people in the harras assault on the woman.'

 

DNA found

 

He said forensic tests conducted at the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) confirmed a match between the DNA found in a part of the victim's body, the DNA found at the spot, and the DNA of the arrested civilian volunteer. Apart from this, separate DNA tests on samples collected from the victim and Roy and a comparison of DNA with other evidence found from the crime scene also confirmed the CFSL report.

 

The family also claims - evidence was tampered with

 

Reiterating the CBI's claims of tampering with evidence, the deceased's family has also made the same allegation. The deceased's mother says, 'When we reached there (after her death), we found many people inside the seminar hall. A policeman was guarding the entrance and many others were standing outside. It can be assumed that the entire scene was very carefully prepared. Given the brutality of the crime, this cannot happen.'

 

'The real culprits are being protected'

The accused's lawyer claimed that his client had been framed to protect the real culprits.

 

Former Principal Ghosh accused of embezzling funds

Former Principal Ghosh was arrested along with three others in connection with financial irregularities at the hospital. In this regard, the CBI official said that they have received more names who were allegedly involved in it. The central probe agency has told the court that Ghosh had a key role in embezzling funds and making 84 illegal appointments during his tenure as principal at the hospital from 2022 to 2023.

 

ED is also investigating

The Enforcement Directorate (ED) is also probing the financial irregularities case, which revealed that the former principal and his wife own a luxurious bungalow in South 24 Parganas district of West Bengal. They also unearthed more properties owned by Ghosh and seized several 'important' documents during the search operation at his residence and also at the residences of his relatives and associates.

 

The ED has filed an ECIR against Ghosh and started its investigation. ECIR is usually filed by the ED as a Case Information Report. It is similar to a First Information Report (FIR) in criminal cases.

 

Media reports have also claimed that the scam was allegedly going on controlling various aspects of the administration including transfers in the health department and also the use of unfair means during the examinations of students.

1 Like 0 Dislike
Previous news Next news
Other news

Delhi Schools Bomb Threat: Threatening mails were sent late at night, information turned out to be fake in investigation, Kejriwal said this

Once again, schools in Delhi have received bomb threats. Six private schools were threatened thro

Mohsin Naqvi: Demands for the removal of PCB Chairman Mohsin Naqvi intensify, Pakistani fans are furious after the defeat to India.

Following Pakistan's third consecutive defeat to India in the 2025 Asia Cup, Pakistan Cricket Boa

Wednesday 2 Teaser: The crazy girl with a cut hand and magical powers will show her magic again, when will Wednesday 2 be release on OTT

If we talk about Hollywood's great web series, then the name of Wednesday is definitely included

Kolkata Doctor Murder Case: The Victim's mother expressed her pain for the first time, and wrote an emotional message in the letter

The whole country is demanding justice in the Kolkata Doctor Murder Case after the rape and murde

Anunay Sood's girlfriend wrote an emotional message, saying, 'This is not true...'

Popular travel influencer Anunay Sood has passed away at the age of 32. The cause of his death ha

New Rules in January: From LPG gas prices to PAN-Aadhaar linking, these major changes have come into effect from January 1st.

The new year 2026 has begun today. The new year brings with it several changes in financial rules

India-US Trade: How much will farmers and entrepreneurs benefit from the trade deal? The government claims it will boost the Make in India initiative.

Union Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal has said that the new trade deal between India

Delhi Polls: PM Modi will blow the election bugle in Delhi tomorrow, and will unveil several projects worth Rs. 4500 crore

Prime Minister Narendra Modi will blow the bugle for the Delhi assembly elections on Friday. The

PM Modi: PM Modi announced an ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh each to the families of those killed in the Bangalore building accident

Six people lost their lives in the collapse of an under-construction building in the Horamavu Aga

PM Modi will flag off the first sleeper Vande Bharat train today; the 958 km Howrah-Guwahati distance will now be covered in just 14 hours.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi will flag off India's first Vande Bharat sleeper train today (Januar

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash