count only commas outside parenteses


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a sql table containing
id - query - query name
the first page contains a drop down menu of all the query names. When chosen the user is sent to a page that prints the result of the query in a html table.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Now i nees to find how many rows the table should have.

This counts how many rows i need in the table:

$parts=explode(' FROM ',$query);
$count=explode(",", $parts[0]);
$result=count($count);

But the problem is that here i explode by commas but the query also contains commas like this: substring (***,19,10) as Part1

My question is how do i count only commas outside these parenteses.

something like this:

$var=0;
start counting commas in parts[0],
when ( accures increase $var to 1,
if $var = 1 dont count commas,
but when ) accures set $var to 0,
and start counting again

The reason why im making it this way is that it's suppose to be possible to just add a query to the sql table no matter how many rows this query needs in output.

Any ideas?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
177 Like 14 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

fwrite error
Hi All,
Does anyone know what is causing the error in this code?

Code: <?
$error

Image DPI
Hi.

I allow users to upload images, the user then is able to adjust several settings for the

Merger of 6 sister companies under one flagship company after go live
Dear Experts,
I need one help regarding Merger of sister companies of same group. currently we

unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_
Can anyone view my code and tell me why im getting the error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpect

Specific name typed, specific image shown on html page
Hello,

Fairly new to PHP and was curious if someone might know how to solve a fairly simple r

problem with refreshing
in my site, i have an index page, it has a main div. this main div's content is changing according t

JQuery, Masterpage, and Control issue
Hey everyone, I am using JQuery in several sites so I thought it would be best to place the library

DELETE FROM not working deletes wrong row
Hello

I have the following code which i found but it doesnt work properly.. it comes up with

ORA-01655: unable to extend cluster SYS.C_FILE#_BLOCK# by 128
Hi all,

Oracle 10g. Linux.

I'm facing the below error while trying to import a dumpfil

Ball movement
I want to move a ball from one point to another and it should hit a group of balls at the other end

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash