for some reason mysql query not working, not inserting, please check it out


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

This code is not inserting anything into my db, don't know why, the $_SESSION variable does contain data.

Please have a look.
Code:
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
function add_user_to_db()
{
//print_r($_SESSION['user_reg']);
$username = $_SESSION['user_reg']['username'];
$password = $_SESSION['user_reg']['password'];
$email = $_SESSION['user_reg']['email'];
$first_name = $_SESSION['user_reg']['first_name'];
$last_name = $_SESSION['user_reg']['last_name'];
$pharmacyname = $_SESSION['user_reg']['pharmacyname'];
$contact_number = $_SESSION['user_reg']['contact_number'];

$connection = db_connect();
$query = "INSERT INTO `pharma_edu`.`users` (`user_id`, `username`, `password`, `email`, `first_name`, `last_name`, `pharmacy_name`, `contact_number`, `user_access`, `active`) VALUES (NULL, '$username','$password', '$email', '$first_name', '$last_name', '$pharmacyname', '$contact_number', '1', 'n')";

if (mysql_query($query))
{
return true;
}else{
return false;
}
}
add_user_to_db();

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
231 Like 21 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Need help adding a timestamp to my filename/variable
Hello,

I'm kind of stupid when it comes to php and I need a tiny bit of help. I've got a f

List/Menu Box
On an edit page when you want something to select what a user has previously selected from the datab

Problem with Sending Mail by PHP
hello all,
I m new to php, can u plz provide me the code to send mail by php having CAPTC

Calling a Procedure with IN & OUT Parameters
Hello,

I usually call my procedures using the following way

declare variable e

md5 is it unique
I know this is most likely one of many simple questions that can be found semi easily. But I'm press

How to display value in drop down list after form has been reloaded
Please bear with me as I am very new to php and html.

I have a form with several drop down me

highlighting search terms
well, I started this in the regular PHP section, but it no longer fits there. Suffice it to say, I'm

Aris, Netweaver BPM, Visual composer and X'app
Dear Experts,

Whats the relationship between the following components: Aris, Netweaver BP

Hom to make one url to open together with another url
I have a chat, which i want to be opened, as soon as the users login to the site. As it is now, when

Cache PHP Objects/Classes?
Does anyone have ideas about caching PHP objects using something like: http://memcached.org/

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash