Form errors in an array


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I'm processing a form and putting the errors in an array. empty($errors) doesn't seem to do the trick when trying to check to see if the array is empty. Is my understanding of empty()incorrect? Each item is the array is either a string, the error message, or FALSE.

Can anyone help me figure out how to move into my if statement?

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Code: <?php
// check fields
$errors = array();
$errors['the_date'] = (empty($the_date)) ? '<span class="error">Please choose a date.</span>' : FALSE;
$errors['first_name'] = (empty($first_name)) ? '<span class="error">Please fill in your first name.</span>' : FALSE;
$errors['last_name'] = (empty($last_name)) ? '<span class="error">Please fill in your last name.</span>' : FALSE;
$errors['email'] = (empty($email) || !preg_match("/^w+([-+.]w+)*@w+([-.]w+)*.w+([-.]w+)*(([,]|[,])s*w+([-+.]w+)*@w+([-.]w+)*.w+([-.]w+)*)*$/", $email)) ? '<span class="error">Please fill in a valid email address.</span>' : FALSE;
$errors['phone'] = (empty($phone)) ? '<span class="error">Please provide your phone number.</span>' : FALSE;
$errors['emergency_contact'] = (empty($emergency_contact)) ? '<span class="error">Please provide an emergency contact.</span>' : FALSE;
$errors['emergency_phone'] = (empty($emergency_phone)) ? '<span class="error">Please provide an emergency phone number.</span>' : FALSE;
$errors['major_interest'] = (empty($major_interest)) ? '<span class="error">Please pick a major of interest.</span>' : FALSE;
$errors['activity1'] = (empty($activity1)) ? '<span class="error">Please select a morning activity.</span>' : FALSE;
$errors['activity2'] = (empty($activity2)) ? '<span class="error">Please select a morning activity.</span>' : FALSE;
$errors['activity3'] = (empty($activity3)) ? '<span class="error">Please select an afternoon activity.</span>' : FALSE;
$errors['activity4'] = (empty($activity4)) ? '<span class="error">Please select an afternoon activity.</span>' : FALSE;
$errors['interests'] = (empty($interests)) ? '<span class="error">Please list your interests.</span>' : FALSE;
$errors['accomodations'] = (empty($accomodations)) ? '<span class="error">Please answer.</span>' : FALSE;
$errors['acknowledgement'] = (!(strcmp($acknowledgement, 'I understand') == 0)) ? '<span class="error">Please type the indicated response.</span>' : FALSE;

// does the email exist? did they already register?
$errors['checkEmail'] = checkEmail($email);

//print_r($errors);
if (empty($errors))
{
header('Location: thankyou.php');
exit();
//$sql = "INSERT INTO ...";
}
?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
203 Like 42 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Echo Tweaking help!
HI. I would like to have the output of the entered variables repeat forever, but it's stopping at th

Adding to the next element in a multidimensional array
Hi, I'm trying to add a value to $node->field_spaces['nid'] where x is the next available spo

Port scanner problem
Hai
recently i developed one app through which u can check the opened and closed ports under an

Inserting into MySQL Newbie
Hi ive got a slight problem where ive made a simple web form where the customer inserts the ammount

what business processes?
Hi,

A general question. What business processes (like OTC - Order to Cach, P2P, R2R etc)

Multiple PHP errors when clicking a link..and..removing a ghost..
Hi - I have 2 problems with a new website - homeswapvacations.com, which I need help solving.

Allegro crashes when running load_bitmap. Why?
I can not get Allegro to load any BMP images. Here is a section of test code. The picture is in the

Multi language - seo links
Im trying to figure out the best method to have a multi language website that will function with seo

Error In Syntax
I got this error:

Code: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '>' in /home/bucket/publ

Using Windows message as a Handle
Hi,

I am writing one of my first multithreaded programs.

In one of the thread,

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash