Multiple Do / While Statements?


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I'm still very new to PHP, and running in to a problem when trying to execute a do/while loop inside another one.
What I'm trying to achieve is that I want to display all of the records in one table that match my SQL Query defined as 'Recordset1'.
And, while that is happening, I want to cross-reference my records in a 2nd table, and if the description in Table 2 Matches the Description in Table 1, print a results message right next to the description from 'Recordset1'.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
My problem isn't setting up the SQL queries - I'm currently able to get the correct results returned to me, as long as I print the results in a separate table... my problem is getting the results message to print RIGHT NEXT TO the results of 'Recordset1', because the 'Recordset1' results are inside of do/while loop.

There is probably a very simple solution to this, and there's a good possibility that I'm approaching this the wrong way... I just can't wrap my head around it yet...

If anyone has any input, it would be very appreciated!
Thanks!
-d.


Code: [Select]<?php

do {
if(isset($row_Recordset1['description'])) { ?>
<tr>
<td> <?php echo $row_Recordset1['description']?>
<?php

do{
$R1 = $row_Recordset1['description'];
$R2 = $row_Recordset2['description'];

if ($R1== $R2) {
print("It's a Match<br />");
} else
print("No Match<br />")
}while ----????????????? ----
?>

</td>
</tr>
<?php }else break;
} while ($row_Recordset1 = mysql_fetch_assoc($Recordset1)); ?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
180 Like 29 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Renaming a file that a user uploads to site?
My site allows for registered users to upload images to the site under their own gallery. Currently

My query is being run with no results.
I have this.

Code: function DropUser($duser_id, $user_email, $user_username) {

login form can you find my error?
registrationform.php seems fine send data to registration.php
registration.php seems fine checks

word wrap in emails help needed
Hello, I understand how wordwrap works in php and have used it well before. However when I used wor

Multidimensional Array into an Html table, help!
Hello all, I am new to HTML/PHP so any help would be great.

I have a multidimensional array f

Uploading/Downloading files stored in MySQL database
Hey all,

This problem just came up in my website and I'm having a hard time figuring out what

Adding Outlook 2007 items via file upload
I am looking for a way to be able to attach an Outlook item (an email message) in an ASP.NET 3.5 app

Using Microsoft Exchange Server with PHP
Hi,

I wanted to know if its possible to fetch email attachments from the exchange server usin

PHP using IF to display error
i have a MySQL query and i want to display 1 thing only if the number of affected rows is >=1

SELECT * FROM users WHERE Users are not in Blocked
How do I select all users from users table where there users_id is not stored in the block table

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash