Sufficient protection from bad input?


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I am writing a simple script to let people upload 'pages' of their own content, be it simply a few bits of HTML, pictures and whatnot, and recieve their own url.. I've without testing, wrote this part of the script to clean the input, are there major security risks?

function cleanInput($input) {
$search = array(
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
'@<script[^>]*?>.*?</script>@si', // Strip out javascript
);
$output = preg_replace($search, '', $input);
return $output;
}
function sanitize($input) {
if (is_array($input)) {
foreach($input as $var=>$val) {
$output[$var] = sanitize($val);
}
}
else {
if (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) {
$input = stripslashes($input);
}
$input = cleanInput($input);
$output = mysql_real_escape_string($input);
}
return $output;
}
//Define date for entry
$date = date("Y-m-d");

//clean input
$_title = sanitize(cleaninput($_POST['title']));
$_uid = sanitize(cleaninput($_POST['uid']));
$_desc = sanitize(cleaninput($_POST['desc']));
$_content = sanitize(cleaninput($_POST['content']));

// Insert a row of information into the table with function
function insert($title, $uid, $desc, $date, $content) {
mysql_query("INSERT INTO pageit
(title, userid, `desc`, dateadded, content) VALUES('"._$title."','".$_uid."','".$_desc."','".$date."','".$_content."') ")
or die(mysql_error());
}
// Do the insert with the cleaned data!
insert($_title, $_uid, $_desc, $date, $_content);
//Done script stuff for now..

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
130 Like 37 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

session variable problem
Session variable is not working in Fire fox i am getting null value but it is working fine in IE.

Execure stored procedure on a timer
Can someone tell me an easier way to execute a stored procedure on a timer? I am using Oracle 10g R

Contact Form Not Working When I Add Validation Codes
So I built my first working PHP "Contact Us" like form. But, I have been trying to now mak

PHP loop
Okay so I have several "articles" stored in a mysql database and am attempting to echo tho

wav to mp3 + goDaddy
I need to convert wav files to mp3s. From what I have found so far one way to do it is to have my PH

Really need helps regarding Pagination with Sort
I need someone helps regarding pagination problem...i actually want to make my page limited to let s

Legal Issues for SAP ERP o ERP in general
Hi experts,

Can someone please help me finding some documentation about legal issues tha

Different payment methods with different cross company requirements in F110
We are implementing SAP in a company in the shipping industry. They have the following requirement:<

Display the user's weight lost in the past week
Hello everyone,

I am working on a weight loss app for my site, and I want to display the user

POST into Array problem
Hi Chaps,

I have a repeat region, displaying rows of data: jobid, fromtable, translatorcharge

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash