GET vs SUBMIT Button to show sections on one index.php page?

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Just curious if one of these ways is better (i.e. more efficient) than the other.

I have an index.php page where there is a menu across the top with 5 choices. For example, HOME | MONKEYS | CATS | DOGS | KANGAROOS.

I have ALL the code for those 5 pages on that single index.php file. Now is it better to...

1. Use FORM SUBMIT BUTTONS for each menu option. So I'd have the action of the form be "index.php" and then code like this for the menu...

Code: <input type='submit' name='submit' value='HOME' ><input type='submit' name='submit' value='MONKEYS' >
And then I would have IF statements to see which Submit button was clicked and show the right info accordingly.

OR

2. Use appended URLs and then use GET to see which info should show, as in...

Code: <a href="index.php?page=home">HOME</a>|<a href="index.php?page=monkeys">MONKEYS</a> (etc, etc)
And then have IF statements using GET to check the URL and show the right info accordingly.

I'm not sure one way is better than the other, but just curious if anyone has any thoughts. Like maybe one of these processes in more server intensive than the other??

NOTE: If I use Google Analytics, I guess might help to see appended URLs to know which page got more hits, rather than just seeing info for index.php without knowing if they visited MONKEYS, or CATS or whatever. But please answer the question as if Google Analytics was not relevant.

Thanks

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
316 Like 33 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Session login issue
I'm wondering how to fix a problem I'm having with a session-based login system

Say I go to h

form problem
below in the form action, i've put "test.php?w=$sw&h=$sh" but when i input the for

XML Grouping
I'm using xml_parse_into_struct to get all my elements, but now I need to group them. For example, h

default SAP userid
hi,, I just like to know if it is ok to use the default SAP user id (SAP*)?

why isn't this PHP code working ???
it's suppose to find a name on the database.

<?php

$s = $_POST["lname&

When file included, REMOTE_ADDR is server's?
I have an index file that handles my site, basically index.php?page=ip will activate "require('

Why Are These Functions Causing MASSIVE Memory Problems? Please Help!
Hi,

I have a script with some options.

I use regex to replace patterns in strings, but

dynamic table with forms
I have a table that is populated with mysql data and in teh first column there is a raido button tha

Help? Need help on project with templates involving mysql and php.
I'm having a hard time explaining what I want but basically here is what I have in place:

-Da

Cursor statement failed with errors
Following statement failed with the errors.

cursor proj_cursor1 is (select projectID from

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash