Session login issue


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I'm wondering how to fix a problem I'm having with a session-based login system

Say I go to http://www.website.com
The page that processes the login then returns the now-logged-in user to http://www.website.com
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
If this person goes to website.com, though, the login page returns them to www.website.com and it seems to be a different session which makes it appear as though they haven't logged in. Then they login twice.

"Well just have the login page return the user to the URL that they came from"
My problem there is that I have other pages on my site which will direct a user back to http://www.website.com -such as my Error 403 page. After a certain period of time, it sends the user to http://www.website.com. If this is a logged-in user who logged in under website.com, it will appear as though they were logged out

Any suggestions?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
238 Like 29 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

How do I get the row number from from an sql table query
Hi all

I have a table that I query and it returns a number of rows.
mysql_num_rows($query)

I need help on this PHP code
Hi everybody, I made some kind of mistake while editing the code below. As you see, at the 3 row my

retrieving images from mysql database using php
So I've been trying to figure out how to store images in a mysql database, and as far as i can tell

Displaying image pathname instead of image
Hello

Im trying to upload and then display images from a mysql database - Its only basic and

problem in program for counting no of chars using pointers
Hi all, I was trying to make a program which counts number of chars in a string using concpt of poin

MS are the best!!!
Visit http://www.microsoft.com/australia/windows/default.aspx?h=watch-a-demo and click the massive '

displaying unknown amount of results
I am reading a directory and getting a list of folders in the directory, I want to display the folde

printing links
Hi every1

i am connecting to a table in sql and the looping through with a while ($ var = my

Alternate messaging
I have 4 strings in MySQL db1

$string1 : Hello
$string2 : Hi
$string3 : Great
$strin

I am stumped
OK. Here is what I am trying to do. I have the conditions set, and if the conditions are met, I want

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash