Help pulling in 'id' with "read more" link


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I'm trying to create snippets of my articles in the cms I'm creating, and then have them redirect to to a single
page entry of the article. Right now my snippets and "read more" links are dynamic and working fine, when I
click on the "read more" link it redirects to the 'single page entry' page, but it always pulls up the article
with id=1, even if the link is from id=23, and the adressbar reads articles.php?id=23.
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

How do I successfully pull up the corresponding id'd article?
any tips would be greatly appreciated!


Snippets:


Code: <?php
require("sources/connection.php");
$sql = "SELECT title, snippet, body_text, id FROM articles ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 5" ;
$result = $conn->query($sql) or die(mysqli_error());
if($result){
while ($row = $result->fetch_object()){
echo "<h4>" . $row->title . "</h4>";
echo $row->snippet;
echo "</br>";
echo "<a href='/jquery/articles.php?id=" . "$row->id'";
echo ">< Read more ></a>";
}
}
?>

Articles:
Code: <?php

require("sources/connection.php");
$sql = "SELECT title, body_text, id FROM articles LIMIT 1" ;
$result = $conn->query($sql) or die(mysqli_error());
if($result){
$row = $result->fetch_object();
echo "<h4>" . $row->title . "</h4>";
echo $row->body_text;
}
?>

SQL:

Code: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `articles` (
`id` int(20) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`rel_id` int(20) NOT NULL,
`title` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
`snippet` longtext NOT NULL,
`body_text` longtext NOT NULL,
`who_id` varchar(50) NOT NULL,
`timestamp` int(20) NOT NULL,
`url` varchar(20) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=4 ;



Thanks in advance!
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
241 Like 44 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Staff Induction System - No idea where to go from here!!!
Hi there, I'm pretty new to PHP and Mysql so could really do with being pointed in the right directi

Pagination won't carry results past page 2.
Hi all,

I've worked out my pagination script and its paginating fine until I click next from

How to generate a random array of integers subject to a certain constraint
I am writing a program that asks the user to enter an integer N and then generates a random array of

How do I give a developer access to a specific directory and nothing else?
I want to give a develop access to a specific directory and nothing else

I can give them an F

reading partial code from external site
Hi,

I am trying to write a script for my website to get an article from an external website.

PHP File Upload Problem
Hi, I have written a very simple file upload script but it fails for reasons I can't explain. Hope

Adding to the next element in a multidimensional array
Hi, I'm trying to add a value to $node->field_spaces['nid'] where x is the next available spo

Get dump of MySQL DB from Live Site
I'm after an easy, but secure way of generating and importing a MySQL dump from a remote server.

Troubles with a spider class
I am building a spider that will crawl through random whitepages (eg. anywho.com, switchboard.com, w

big pagination problem in php
<?php

$connect = mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "")

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash