InternetOpenUrl() Invalid cert


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to prevent calls to InternetOpenUrl() from failing with error 12045 (ERROR_INTERNET_INVALID_CA)? I have the following code below:

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Code: HINTERNET IntOpen = ::InternetOpen(L"Sample", LOCAL_INTERNET_ACCESS, NULL, 0, 0); HINTERNET handle = ::InternetOpenUrl(IntOpen, L"https://192.168.1.10/file.txt", NULL, NULL, INTERNET_FLAG_IGNORE_CERT_CN_INVALID, NULL); if (handle == NULL) { cout << "Error opening URL, " << GetLastError(); return 1; } char buf[1024]; DWORD dwRead = 0; while (InternetReadFile(handle, buf, sizeof(buf), &dwRead) == TRUE) { if (dwRead == 0) break; cout << buf; } This works OK on valid sites, but since my server has a self signed certificate, it fails with error code 12045. I know the INTERNET_FLAG_IGNORE_CERT_CN_INVALID is technically looking for hostname mismatches, and not invalid CA's.

Any help would be appreicated.

Thanks,
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
270 Like 36 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

calendar dates and hours compare problem
i have a calendar in wordpress, everything works great except that i can make 2 meetings at the same

How to make a input/output field with multiple lines
Hello.
I put a input/output field on the screen but I could not change height of it. I need to

Captcha problem users just refresh and it will let them auto submit again
Users will just re submit and not have to enter the new captcha.. ? Lol but if i refresh the page, t

PHP Include not working
The website is http://www.grlistingservices.com

The code block is as follows:

<

Spliting paragraph into sentences and attach in
Here is what I am trying to do

example: Para1[123.456.789!] 3 sentences
Para2

Converting numbers to months
The porgram works -just need the last function(month_convert_ to convert numbers to months -thanks.

MySQL Primary key gap
Alright, so I have a table with 26 entries in it (id, filename, caption) for my image randomiser (ht

Add_Months not Easy to Understand
Oracle is number 1, very fast and very easy. But....
OK, I think but have a problem, only 1 pro

Why does my crawler script suddenly end with no error?
Hi.

I have written a web crawler script. It will visit a large number of URL's with cURL.

need help about
i store the value of my select statement result to an array and stored it to a variable named $fname

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash