Querying info from one table based on info in another

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi, I am currently trying to make a part for my user driven website where one user can subscribe to another and whoever they have subscribed to is echoed back on there profile page.

my users table structure is: id username password and my subscription table is: id user_id follow_id

i am currently trying to query the logged in users subscriptions with this sql_query

$subsQuery = mysql_query("SELECT U.username FROM users AS U INNER JOIN subscription AS Sub.follow_id=U.id WHERE Sub.user_id=".$ID); $ID being the logged in users id.

However when trying to echo this on the page using this bit of php:

<? while ($subs = mysql_fetch_assoc($subsQuery)) { ?><br /><br />
<? echo $subs['username'] ?>

<? } ?>

it throws back this error:

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/avince/public_html/users/user.php on line 53

Any help would be much appreciated!

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
228 Like 24 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

insert PHP code into function
Hi,
I'm having problems when trying following:

I have:
Code: [Select]createBar("Do

[PHP HELP] Php order form.
Hello to everyone @ phpfreaks. Im new to this site and hope to learn lots of things here.

Fir

image upload script not working with png
The basic process of this php code is to take the submitted file, convert it to a small JPG thumbnai

Printer configuration
Hi All,
Suppose one of the user deleted the printer settings unfortunatly ,then what is the pro

Check something, wait, check again, do something!
Hi guys.

I wonder if someone can help me with this.

Basically, what I want to do is (

Preloading images
Posting this question here because I am not sure where this should belong.I am building an asp.net a

Using CSS to format MySQL query
Hi,

If i want to have a news page on my site, which displays all records of a table in descen

Preg_match unknown modifyer
Hello,

Im trying to write a little script for my forums i need to get the reply from my forum

PHP Error
On my .php page I have a drop down box that has several names in it. When a user clicks the name &am

Can I call a class inside a function?
I have a class written in another file that handles my image resizing.

Can I do this (php say

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash