image upload script not working with png


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

The basic process of this php code is to take the submitted file, convert it to a small JPG thumbnail and put it into one directory and save the original file into another, but it seems that when using PNG images it doesn't quite work, any ideas?

Code: if((($_FILES['file']['type'] == "image/gif")
|| ($_FILES['file']['type'] == "image/jpeg")
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
|| ($FILES['file']['type'] == "image/pjpeg"))
&& ($_FILES['file']['size'] < 2000000000))
{
if($_FILES['file']['error'] > 0)
{
echo '<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">window.top.window.upload_error(' . $_FILES['file']['error'] . ');</script>';
}
else
{


$fileName = $_FILES['file']['name'];
$f_ext = "." . strtolower(substr(strrchr($fileName, '.'), 1));
$time = time();
$f_noext = $time.substr(microtime(),2,3);
$f_name = $time.substr(microtime(),2,3) . $f_ext;

if(file_exists("img/" . $f_name))
{
echo $_FILES['file']['name'] . " already exists.";
}
else
{

move_uploaded_file($_FILES['file']['tmp_name'], "img/" . $f_name);



$image_path = "img/" . $f_name;

$fsize = getimagesize($image_path);
$max_d = ($orig_p==0)? 250 : 125;
$img = null;

$ext = strtolower(end(explode('.', $image_path)));

if($ext == 'jpg' || $exit == 'jpeg')
{
$img = @imagecreatefromjpeg($image_path);
}
else if($ext == 'png')
{
$img = @imagecreatefrompng($image_path);
}
else if ($ext == 'gif')
{
$img = @imagecreatefrompng($image_path);
}

if($img)
{

$w = imagesx($img);
$h = imagesy($img);

$width = imagesx($img);
$height = imagesy($img);
$scale = min($max_d/$width, $max_d/$height);

if($scale < 1){
$new_width = floor($scale *$width);
$new_height = floor($scale*$height);

$tmp_img = imagecreatetruecolor($new_width, $new_height);

imagecopyresized($tmp_img, $img, 0,0,0,0,$new_width,$new_height,$width,$height);
imagedestroy($img);

$img = $tmp_img;


ImageJPEG($img, 'thumb/' . $f_noext . 't.jpg',60);
imagedestroy($tmp_img);
echo '<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">window.top.window.stopUpload();</script>';

}

}
}
}
}
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
50 Like 8 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

SAP Management Console is blank
Dear All ,

I am facing problem in my des sever suddely in SAP Management Console is blank and

storing results of a function - previous result overwritten with new result
I have created a function to validate input.

function validate_dimension($value,$name) {
<

SESSION CHECK WORKS "MOST" of the time... whats going on?
i have a sign in check thats included in every page that is a members only page which is basically a

Must-Know Topics of PHP
Can you guys list the must-know topics of PHP. I am still a learner and I am trying to cover most of

Problem with the Update command used with a sqldataadapter
I'm connected to a database on an SQL Server and I'm using a sqldataadapter, sqlconnection, sqldatas

Progress bar tracking file downloads
Hey guys, was wondering if there was a way to track how far a file has been downloaded. I know there

ASP.NET 2.0 - Enter Key - Default Submit Button
Hi,One of the most annoying things in developing web pages is handling the "Enter key" for form subm

user administration
Dear @all,

what I have to do to set the user defaults for new users. At the moment I woul

Help with Password Encoding/Decoding?
Trying to design a "change password" tool. On my signup code I'm using base64_encode, now

Any help with my email script?
I have an email script, I have not tested it, although someone tested it for me and said it worked f

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash