Simpler method of getting variables from mysql

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to streamline my CMS's code and as I was writing a new page it occured to me that there might be an easier way to get variables from a mysql query and that if anyone knew how to do it, it would be you guys.

Here is the code I use now:

Code: // Pulls the data from the database
$dblookup = "SELECT moduleID, menu_name, stylesheet_name, display_name, has_menu, access_control, installed, compatible, active FROM core_modules WHERE moduleID=" . $_GET['ID'];
$data = mysql_query($dblookup) or die('Failed to return data: ' . mysql_error());
/* sorts the data into variables and puts them in an array ready to be called when needed */
list($moduleID, $menu_name, $stylesheet_name, $display_name, $has_menu, $access_control, $installed, $compatible, $active) = mysql_fetch_array($data, MYSQL_NUM);
}
Is there a way I can just do SELECT * FROM and then have it automatically extract the data into variables based on the column name?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
203 Like 16 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

selectbox+database connection retrive problem
Code: [Select]
<tr>
<th align="left" scope="c

How to read posted binary data from a mobile device and post it to a web server?
Here is the senario...

I have a mobile device (MD) that posts binary data to a Web Server (WS

Syntax Help
I'm trying to make a form that edits a php file which contains config settings. I'm using strings t

mail with attachment problems
Hi. I have the following code:
Code: else if(file_exists("site".$timp.".zip")

EU VAT Package 2010
Does any one know whether SAP will be developing new reporting functionality due the new VAT rules t

DataTable Help Required
Hi all I am creating an app that utilises and MS Access back end and queries it quite a bit at vario

query based on 2 conditions
I want to select if the doc_type is either s OR f but this doesn't work:

Code: [Select]$query

convert pps to wsf with php'how?
hi
i want to convert with php
PowerPoint file to swf file(flash)
how please?
thank!!!

Querying info from one table based on info in another
Hi, I am currently trying to make a part for my user driven website where one user can subscribe to

Deleting Partners on the Customer Master.
Does SAP handle removing the Partner from Open Sales Orders when a Partner is deleted in the Custome

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash