tell csv import script to ignore blank rows?


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi i have the below script but i get an error if a row is blank ie a return in the csv file at the end i need to somehow tell it to skip the rows that have nothing on them:

Code: <?php
// define table name and csv file location and name
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

$supp_id = "15";
$pricecode = "6";
$csvupload = "../ccd/Catalogue_ZZMILGAT.csv";

// create DB connection
$host = "localhost";
$user = "user";
$pass = "pass";
$mydb = "db";
$table = "table";

$db = mssql_connect($host,$user,$pass);
mssql_select_db($mydb);

// delete all old data
$sql2 = "DELETE FROM ".$table." WHERE supp_id = ".$supp_id."";

mssql_query($sql2) or die("Failed to insert to db ");

// Define DB mapping (Fill in rest of the mapping in order of appearance in CSV)
$fields = array(
"manufacturer",
"ignore",
"manf_part_no",
"supp_part_no",
"description",
"rrp",
"cost_price",
"avail_qty");


// Open the CSV file
$handle = fopen($csvupload, "r") or die("Unable to open $csvupload for reading");

// Get each row's values to an array
$i = 1;
// define tab delimited or comma
while (($data = fgetcsv($handle, 512, ",")) !== FALSE) {
// First row's headers and not included, otherwise row field count must match wanted field count
if(count($data)==count($fields) && $i!=1){
$rows[] = $data;
}
elseif(count($data)!=count($fields)) {
die("Erroneus CSV file: incorrect field count on row $i");
}
$i++;
}

// Close file handle
fclose($handle);

// Create SQL
if(count($rows)==0) die("No rows found in user file");


// Remove last comma
foreach($rows as $i => $row){
$sql = "INSERT INTO ".$table." (";
foreach($fields as $field)
if($field!="ignore")
$sql .= "$field,";
$sql = substr($sql,0,-1).",supp_id, date_added, PriceCode) VALUES ";
$sql .= "(";
foreach($row as $j => $value){
if($fields[$j]!="ignore"){
if(empty($value))
$value = "0";
// Quote strings, try to remove existing quotes
elseif(!is_numeric($value))
$value = str_replace("'","",$value);
$value = str_replace(""","",$value);
$sql .= "'$value',";
}
}

$sql = substr($sql,0,-1).",'".$supp_id."', getdate(),'".$pricecode."')"; // Remove last comma
//echo "SQL became: $sql";

mssql_query($sql) or die("Failed to insert to db ");

}

?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
110 Like 17 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

How to show more than 1 users with this code...
Hello,
i have a table that shows users only if I, as Administrator, want to be shown. But its sho

Login Functionality Working Different on IE
This is an odd one, I have a site which has an admin section. The admin pages unsurprisingly require

How To Make More Than One Redirection with PHP on the same page?
Hey im trying to do a direction page where it open differently link direction pages every time som

Scrolling news bar and MySQL
I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this on. If not, I apologize. I am still pretty

Strange cookie problem. setcookie dependant on where user was directed from?
Hello,

I have a website that sets a cookie when a user visits the website. The cookie holds a

Table trouble
i have been reading the forum for a few weeks and decided to join. i like the format and the advice

Displaying returned XML in another PHP page
I have an online payment form that will return XML given if a payment is successful or declines. I

switch not getting value
what am i doing wrong?
i want to populate the country list according to the category
i want to

how to load php class from another domain?
how to load php class from another domain?

Insert data in Mysql and move to another page
I'm stuck with this simple problem. I need to insert data in Mysql and then hit submit and move to a

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash