2 things: enter doesn't work in IE & empty form


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

i have this search form that works well except for 2 things.

1) on IE when i hit enter instead of the Submit button, i do not get any result. with firefox, no problem.
2) when i hit submit or enter without putting anything on the search form, it outputs All data from the database.
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

any help to fix the issue?

Line number On/Off | Expand/Contract <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">function countryempty(){ if ( document.form.country.value == '' ) { alert('No search was entered!') return false; }}</script> <?$country = $_POST["country"]; // if page is not submitted to itself echo the formif (!isset($_POST['submit'])) { ?> <form method="POST" action="<? echo $PHP_SELF; ?>" onSubmit="return countryempty();"> <p><b>SEARCH</b> a City or Country <input type="text" name="country" size="32"><p> <p>
<input type="submit" value="submit" name="submit"><input type="reset" value="Reset" name="B2"></p> </form> <? } else {?> <? $db_host = ''; $db_user = ''; $db_pass = ''; $db_name = '';$db_table = ''; $conn = mysql_connect($db_host,$db_user,$db_pass); mysql_select_db($db_name,$conn); // The database query follows
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
219 Like 20 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Date Question
I'm using the TIMESTAMP() function within mysql to set the date/time for certain events. However, ho

PHP If Else statement for breadcrumb
Hi

I am trying to use a PHP if else statement to display a breadcrumb link on wordpress

Help on code output
My CODE:

Code: [Select] echo "<phone>".$line["phone"].&qu

Warning: session_start() headers already sent error - Driving me Nuts!
I am trying my sister in laws site and I keep getting an error with my coding. I am more of a design

adding up might be solved tell us cheers.
i think i finally solved this anybody.

last time i was getting the wrong results.

Code

AUTONUMBER PROBLEM
Hello Everyone,

My name is Jones and i am new to this forum and to oracle. I am using ora

Syntax Help
I'm trying to make a form that edits a php file which contains config settings. I'm using strings t

fwrite error
Hi All,
Does anyone know what is causing the error in this code?

Code: <?
$error

TimeZoneOffset
Hello,

Please i need your help. I have a system that users can use to punch in and out. This

using a loop help
Hi guys , i need some help. I have this loop :
while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($Result)) { ?&

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash