Check Digits and extracting digits


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I think I can figure out the code for this but I am having a very hard time getting past the first step. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

What I need to do is take a 9 digit account number (for an electrical bill) and 1) determine if it is a valid account using the check digit, and 2) determine the type of account it is (ie if the 2nd digit is a 4, its a residential account).

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Suppose the account is 123456789 and I need to add the 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th digits, how to do I extact the digits so they can be worked with? All I can think of is to do something like this:

cout << "enter the third digit of your account"
cin >> digit3 >> endl;
cout << "enter the fifth digit..."
cin >> digit5 >> endl;

and so on...

total = digit3 + digit5 + digit7 + digit 9

Its obviously not practical to have the user enter their account number one digit per line as I am doing But how else do it make the account number into something I can manipulate?

I am a beginner. And not a very smart one, obviously :(
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
293 Like 27 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

smart reading from a text file
Hello there fellow coders, i was wondering if one of you wouldnt mind helping me with this problem i

Check if another session of the page is running?
I want to keep people from opening multiple tabs, or sessions of my Facebook app. Is it possible to

Regarding accessing SQL query issued by any user in Oracle 10g
Hi all,
i want to know the queries issued by various users accessing a database...

ereg_replace in Wordpress
Heya - so I'm working on this site: http://world-of-smiles.theportlandco.com/new-patients

The

Data type mismatch
Hi,
I am migrating data from algol to c.I mapped real datatype in algol to double datatype in

Somebody hacked into my site and changed coding >>> URGENT HELP NEEDED <<<
I am not that much into programming , but somebody is hacking to my site and injecting some kind of

Is this possible? If one file assigned to an ID...
I have a page that lists property listings assigned to a specific user (a manage page), with brief t

generate seo frienly url from a text like wordpress
Convert: "åäö" to "aao", "space" to "-", "!?&q

form variables from database help.
Hi all,

I would like to have a form that gives you options based on the results of an mysql q

Sales orders ans reservations not taken into account on MPS / MRP
Hello,

I am implementing the MPS / MRP and I have the following problem:

I ha

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash