Using loop to count number of entries

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I'm writing a program that must ask user to type in numbers. After each entry, the program has to report the cumulative sum of the entries to date. The program should terminate when user enters 0.

The code:

#include #include int main() { using namespace std; char number; int count = 0; cout << "Enter a number: "; cin.get(number); while (number != '0') { ++count; cin.get(number); }; cout << "Total of " << count << " inputs.n"; system("pause"); // I'm aware that this way is very bad return 0; }

The problem is that if I enter 0, the program will say there's 0 input in total(correct).
If I type in 1 and the next number is 0, program will say there's 2 entries in total.
And if I type in 11 and 0, I get 3 entries in total.
But even more strange is that if you type 111 then 11 then 0 you get total of 7 entries.

No, the program must not show me the sum of all numbers entered, just how many entries you made, untill you typ in 0.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
300 Like 45 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Extract text from string
Hi folks,

I have a string that looks like this:

aaaaaaaaaa:
bbbbbbbbbb (ccccccccc)

How do I create a 2D game "camera" to follow player?
In J2ME programming I'm targeting MIDP 2.0 devices.

I'm using gamecanvas and I was thinking t

ECC6 - Single sign-on
We are in the process of upgrading to ECC 6 which will support single sign on with user passwords al

output_buffering so rewrite
I'm planning to rewrite some of my scripts so they don't have to use output buffering to accomplish

help with this code please?
Hello,

I am trying to build a remote upload script for my image hosting site.

I am usi

I got my hosting suspended XD
So I saw this challenge a day or so ago

http://www.programming-challenges.com/pg.php?page=dow

Email Processor
I have a few questions so this post will be a larger one! Sorry, but I'm a bit of a PHP newbie so be

Select question
Hi,

First I would like to say that php is pretty new for me..
so please don't shoot me if

Performance impact of cookies
Hi, I was just wondering what impact there would be in terms of performance if you where to set then

private constructor
Hello,

Can we create a constructor as private? If yes, what is the use of it? If no, why can'

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash