Comment Mod System Effects all rows...


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Sorry if its confusing but here is whats going on: I have a table in a database called comments and there are alot of entries there but can manually be marked flagged with a 1. nevermind how that is done, but I made it so the comments are printed on a pass protected page with two links below them. Ignore is supposed to mark that comment with a 0, and delete deletes the row.

Everything works fine but the action happens to ALL the comments that are shown. Can anyone see why that is happening?

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Code: <?
if($session->isAdmin()){?>
<center><font face="Papyrus" size="5">MOD Center</font></center>
<center><a href='mod1.php'>[News Aproval]</a> <a href='mod2.php'>[Flagged Items]</a></center>
<?$con = mysql_connect("localhost","bmvybfbk_master","74SAc194G");
if (!$con)
{
die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
}

mysql_select_db("bmvybfbk_website", $con);

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM comments WHERE flagged = '1'");

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))

{
$cnumber = $row['id'];
echo $row['writer'] . " wrote:
" . $row['comment'];
echo "
<a href='mod2.php?action=ignore'>[Ignore]</a>";
echo " <a href='mod2.php?action=delcomment'>[Delete]</a>";
echo "
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
";


if ($action == ignore) {
mysql_query("UPDATE comments SET flagged = '0' WHERE id = '$cnumber' LIMIT 1");}

if ($action == delcomment) {mysql_query("DELETE FROM comments WHERE id='$cnumber' LIMIT1");}

else {echo " ";}

}
}else{ echo "*You Don't Have any rights to View this page*'"; } ?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
114 Like 8 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_
Can anyone view my code and tell me why im getting the error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpect

Quick Question about echo value
Hey guys, I'm trying to get something to show differently in one of my scripts. I'm trying to make

a function to check directory depth
I'm working on a php script to upload files in to a set directory.
the user can select to upload

While Problem
i am having a problem with a while statement here is the code
Code: [Select]<?php
sess

Problem!
I have another problem, when i run this code i get this error "Parse error: syntax error, unexp

Simple MySQL query...
Hello,
How could I do a mysql query that does this: SELECT * WHERE date/time < 5minutes ag

Grouping and sorting results
Please help with this query.

I have 2 tables in a database, countires and cities. states look

Load Animated Image while cache is serve
I have a page that loads up using cache and took about 1 to 2 minutes before it loads to the page. <

Generate PDF
Hi guys,

I would like to know if there is a way to generate pdf when clicking on a link. In f

I face problems to extract data from one table and insert it in another one
Hi,

For modifications, I have to extract data from one table and insert it in another one

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash