Sort a two dimensional array.

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi. I've set up a two dimensional array that reads as follows:

Code: $modifiedData = array( array($arrCollingwoodStart[0], $numCollingwoodForTotal, $numCollingwoodAgainstTotal, $numCollingwoodPercentage, $numCollingwoodPointsTotal),
array($arrAdelaideStart[0], $numAdelaideForTotal, $numAdelaideAgainstTotal, $numAdelaidePercentage, $numAdelaidePointsTotal),
array($arrBrisbaneStart[0], $numBrisbaneForTotal, $numBrisbaneAgainstTotal, $numBrisbanePercentage, $numBrisbanePointsTotal),
array($arrCarltonStart[0], $numCarltonForTotal, $numCarltonAgainstTotal, $numCarltonPercentage, $numCarltonPointsTotal));

Each array within represents one row of a table. I need to sort the arrays descending by the variables that end in "PointsTotal", and then by the variables that end in "Percentage". As of yet I haven't worked out how to sort the array out as I want to. Have I set up this array correctly? And if so, how do I peform the sort as I've described?

If anyone can help me out, that would be greatly appreciated

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
149 Like 36 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Help please - How to validate from 2 possible answers
Hi

I hope somebody can help me with what will probably be really simple, I'm pulling my hair

some questions
Hello,

I am looking for the answers for following questions:

1) Does PHP support overl

Target costs on Process orders not calculating
Hi All,

We have released standard costs for all the materials. We have also done Goods r

Count Session and Trigger Events
I am New in PHP, seeking a method to count logged users by counting the sessions or any …, is

Quick Question about echo value
Hey guys, I'm trying to get something to show differently in one of my scripts. I'm trying to make

TemplatePower & AJAX
Hi all,

I'm currently implementing some AJAX features in my PHP-framework (which is b

Confused with Loop
guys, i got confused with Looping...this is the case

I have 3 stocks, let say "Stock A&q

Mail form doesn't send Russian/Cyrillic characters correctly?
When someone enters foreign characters (like Cyrillic text, and Japanese/Chinese probably gives the

PHP / MySQL Associative Multidimensional Array:
Hello.

I have data in a MySQL Table that adheres to the below: (note, no index, could add if

upload only text files
hi guys i want to upload only text like like (pdf,note pad and ofiice files) so can any one please t

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash