Sort a two dimensional array.

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi. I've set up a two dimensional array that reads as follows:

Code: $modifiedData = array( array($arrCollingwoodStart[0], $numCollingwoodForTotal, $numCollingwoodAgainstTotal, $numCollingwoodPercentage, $numCollingwoodPointsTotal),
array($arrAdelaideStart[0], $numAdelaideForTotal, $numAdelaideAgainstTotal, $numAdelaidePercentage, $numAdelaidePointsTotal),
array($arrBrisbaneStart[0], $numBrisbaneForTotal, $numBrisbaneAgainstTotal, $numBrisbanePercentage, $numBrisbanePointsTotal),
array($arrCarltonStart[0], $numCarltonForTotal, $numCarltonAgainstTotal, $numCarltonPercentage, $numCarltonPointsTotal));

Each array within represents one row of a table. I need to sort the arrays descending by the variables that end in "PointsTotal", and then by the variables that end in "Percentage". As of yet I haven't worked out how to sort the array out as I want to. Have I set up this array correctly? And if so, how do I peform the sort as I've described?

If anyone can help me out, that would be greatly appreciated

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
149 Like 36 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

How to display objects in a row
I have 7 codes that i want to display in a row one next to another.
The first is {$ads->ad

Doubles are giving me problems
Ok so, first of all i made a double = 0.05, but when running the debugger it shows up as 0.04999. I

Inserting Data into a MS Access DB using PHP.
As part of my uni course I am doing a placement at a company whom want me to create a client zone fo

writing a screen scraper
Hello,

I'm writing a screen scraper application and want to be able to get absolute addresses

Needing Youtube thumb nail fix.
I have a script on a site that pulls in you-tube videos,
The problem is, that the thumb nails for

need help with date function
i have following form for date

Code: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01

Extra fields in main body and php required.
I'm new to PHP so please be gentle. I have a little php script below that works well.
The &quo

Hi, explode and strstr.
Hi, I seem to be confused about the strstr function, eg. i have a string like:
"a.b.c.d.e.f&

Basic Question Regarding PHP Includes
Hi

Just starting out with PHP.

Working on a site that uses some basic includes, these

Disable html within defined tags
I have a mysql database that allows users to enter content with html, but I also want to have a tag

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash