SESSION CHECK WORKS "MOST" of the time... whats going on?

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

i have a sign in check thats included in every page that is a members only page which is basically all of my pages. that im working on anyways..
but heres the code..... that works MOST of the time. which doesnt make sense to me and i will explain below what it did.
Code: <?php
session_start ();
if(!session_is_registered(mysessionvariable) || $_SESSION[mod] == "") //if your variable isn't there, then the session must not be
{$_SESSION = array();
session_unset();
session_destroy();
if (isset($_COOKIE[session_name()])) {
setcookie(session_name(), '', time()-55, '/');
}
$fullurl = 'http://www.socialemo.com'.$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];
?>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="1;url=http://www.socialemo.com/home.php?homeredirect=
<?php echo $fullurl; ?>">
<?php
exit(); }
else //otherwise, they are logged in & do check
{$checkifrealuser = mysql_num_rows(mysql_query("SELECT id FROM users WHERE username = '$_SESSION[theusername]'"));
if($checkifrealuser == 0){session_unset ();session_destroy ();exit("logged out on this computer too");}}
thats the check is does. first of all when a user signs in at my site they are given a session variable(AKA $_SESSION[mod] along with the sessions called mysessionvariable. mod NEVER IS SET TO EQUAL NOTHING it equals like a number or a word or something if u log in. i added the check if $_SESSION[mod] == "" because the other one alone didnt work all the time or something... that seemed to be working until lately i get redirected with the meta thing AND THEN I GO TO THE PAGE I CANT VIEW UNLESS IM SIGNED IN AND I CAN VIEW IT, I DONT GET REDIRECTED.? WTF?!
obviously it didnt destroy my session like it should have when it redirected me.. OR THE CHECK JUST DOESNT WORK? i dont get it.

and the other thing is ill just randomly get the message "logged out on this computer too"
which i made the second part of the script for like someone that deleted there account as was logged in on two computers at the same time... thats why it checks if the session theusername variable is in the database...?

how do i get this thing to work and why is it doing this? do i have to run a check of all of the session variable? or what?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
137 Like 10 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

please fix the error
What is the error in the below code ???
Line number On/Off | Expand/Contract <?php

Probably Easy, Need help with Check Boxes in PHP Code
hello,

Thanks for looking this over and helping me out. My problem is I have a online store l

Cannot Display Array from Select Statement + Login question
Hi,
I'm new to PHP but so far so goog. I was assigend a project and I'm very close to completion.

ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected - got CLOB
SO : windows xp
database : XE

there is a table (transito) with two fields of clob

Retrieving Data from Two Different Databases
Hello All,

Ran into another problem and would appreciate some help! I have two datab

mails going in spam??
The mails I sent to folks in my database using mail(function) are going in spam??

Any idea ho

Material Master Update through BAPI - Follow up material not updated
Hi Experts,

I am updating the material master through a custom transaction using the BAPI

import table with dependency
Hi

What is the best way to import table back which has dependency?

SQL> cre

PECL uploadprogress for php5.2
Hey, I just installed PHP5 via .htaccess on my 1and1 Shared Hosting Account.

How would I exac

PHP Game
hy i was wondering what's the best method in order to make some automatic updates in a php game
<

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash