FTP issues

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all,

I am currently facing some serious problems with a script and really need some advise before I am actually sick

To give you a brief overview of the situation, I have a script which is going to end up on someones local PC (dont ask how or why, its an extremely long story). The script will basically end up having all the connection details for someone to connect to my server via FTP. The script allows someone to connect to a folder and download a file from within that. What i have noticed is the script can obviously be edited by anyone (as the file is on their PC, so they can change the script to include commands like ftp_chdir, or ftp_cdup, so I have set the permissions on the server to only allow a person access to a single directory.

What I dont know is (as there are some pretty smart php coders out there) if there is a way someone can bypass this limit and still manage to download other files from my server.

I am basically looking for some advise here on how I can secure this, even though I am fully aware that the process is not a very smart or secure one to start with.

Sorry if I am being a bit vague.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
312 Like 32 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

ALV List display - header width adjust
Hi,

I am using REUSE_ALV_LIST_DISPLAY for my ALV display.The width of the ALV varies for

FlashVar function how to insert variables
Hi guys. Im new in this forum and also new in php programming. Can you help me about this code?
<

Converting numbers to months
The porgram works -just need the last function(month_convert_ to convert numbers to months -thanks.

How do I give a developer access to a specific directory and nothing else?
I want to give a develop access to a specific directory and nothing else

I can give them an F

Just cannot get 'area' to submit to db using same php code as already used
Basically all i have done is just modified some code and added an area section.
The form is allre

Problem displaying "scraped" XML data
I'm basicly having trouble displaying XML data scraped from an URL using cURL.

What the code

remove a ; from emails in textarea
Code: <?php

session_start();

$database_host = "localhost&qu

Xml parsing
I need a suggestion about parsing xml with multiply parts like pervious...
i.e. different device

problem with script manager
Hi iam using Net.2005.I have created ajax enabledwebsite.i have master page in which i have script m

include
Hi I have this way of licensing my PHP application, and I want to know if you guys can answer some q

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash