having probem inserting data into db table


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

hi

i have a table with following columns in it
Code: candidate_id, degree, cgpa, institute
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
and i have a dynamic form with some javascript in it. the problem in php script i think not in js. this form has two buttons when "need more fields" button and "submit" button. when the user clicks more fields button then three more fields appears. when user fills this form and press submit it it goes to db and insert there. the problem is when user fills as many fields as he wants but only first three fields enters into the db. and remaining of them does not enter. you can pick out what i am doing wrong in the following code.

Code: <script type="text/javascript">
var counter = 0;
//var counter = 0;
//Start a counter. Yes, at 0
function add_phone() {
counter++;
//I find it easier to start the incrementing of the counter here.
var newFields = document.getElementById('add_phone').cloneNode(true);
newFields.id = '';
newFields.style.display = 'block';
var newField = newFields.childNodes;
for (var i=0;i<newField.length;i++) {
var theName = newField[i].name
if (theName)
newField[i].name = theName + counter;
//This will change the 'name' field by adding an auto incrementing number at the end. This is important.
}
var insertHere = document.getElementById('add_phone');
//Inside the getElementById brackets is the name of the div class you will use.
insertHere.parentNode.insertBefore(newFields,insertHere);
}

</script>


<form name="add_a_phone" action="qualificationProcess.php" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<fieldset>
<div id="phone">
Degree:<input type="text" name="degree_0" value="" />

cgpa:<input type="text" name="cgpa_0" value="" />

institute:<input type="text" name="institute_0" value="" />

</div>
<div id="add_phone" style="display: none;">
Degree:<input type="text" name="degree_" value="" />

cgpa:<input type="text" name="cgpa_" value="" />

institute:<input type="text" name="institute_" value="" />

</div>
<input type="hidden" name="lastId" value="<?php echo $lastId; ?>"/>
<input type="button" id="add_phone()" onclick="add_phone()" value="Give me more fields!" />

<input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit" />
</fieldset>
</form>


<?php

//echo $lastId;

if(isset($_POST['submit']))
//This checks to make sure submit was clicked
{
echo "You clicked submit!
";
echo "Here is your data
";
echo "
";
if ($_POST['cgpa_0'])
//This checks that the proper field has data
{
$continue = FALSE;
$i = 0;
while ($continue == FALSE)
{
if (isset($_POST['degree_'.$i]))
//This looks for an entry after 0 and increments
{
echo $_POST['degree_'.$i] . " = " . $_POST['cgpa_'.$i] . "
";
//Echoing the data
//$id = $_POST['id_'.$i];
$lastId = $_POST['lastId'];
$degree = $_POST['degree_'.$i];
$cgpa = $_POST['cgpa_'.$i];
$institute = $_POST['institute_'.$i];


$db = mysql_connect("localhost");
mysql_select_db("jobolicious", $db);
$query = "INSERT INTO qualification (candidate_id, degree, cgpa, institute) VALUES ('$lastId', '$degree', '$cgpa', '$institute')";
$result = mysql_query($query);
//The four lines above is the example on how the data would be put into a MySQL database. It's not used here
}
else
{
$continue = TRUE;
}
$i++;
}
}
}

?>
and one more thing is in the candidate_id column only one id will be enter. i mean when one user come and fills as many fields as he wants but for those fields this column should have only one id. and also this id is taken from other form through hidden input
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
162 Like 22 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Help with php code
Hello, can anyone tell me why this php word trap fails to work,
and the trigger words get blow r

How can i steam a video on my PHP site? (non YouTube)
Basically I have a PHP site and don't want to give page rank to YouTube. I just want to stream a bas

Problem related to Creation of PDF File?
Hi All,
I am facing a problem related to creation pdf file. when I am creating a pdf file of do

Accessing Infotype data in dialog program
Hi All
In Dialog programs attributes I didn't see any logical database field. How can I access

private constructor
Hello,

Can we create a constructor as private? If yes, what is the use of it? If no, why can'

form problem
Hi all, I think this is going to be easy to resolve but for I have been looking at it to long and I

restricting another login once you logout
Hello,

how can I restrict a page from login authenticating against info in a MySQL DB for a s

Clean URLs
Hi I was wandering if anyone has ever implemented URLs on their PHP run website using URLS like wiki

for loop without same $i digits?
Hi,

Can some guru please advise how can I accomplish this with a simple for loop ?

I

Get dump of MySQL DB from Live Site
I'm after an easy, but secure way of generating and importing a MySQL dump from a remote server.

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash