Script not running properly


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello Everyone
This is a basic script for posting to a database. I'm not sure why it doesn't work. Can anyone tell me why?

Code: [Select]<?php
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
require('config.php');
if(isset($_GET['id']) == TRUE && isset($_GET['td'])==TRUE){
if(is_numeric($_GET['id'])==FALSE || is_numeric($_GET['td'])==FALSE) {
$error = 1;
}
if($error == 1){
header("Location: " . $config_basedir);
}
else{
$validentry = $_GET['id'];
$validtd = $_GET['td'];
}
}
else{
$validentry = 0;
}
if($_POST['submit']) {
$db = mysql_connect($dbhost,$dbuser,$dbpassword);
mysql_select_db($dbdatabase, $db);
if(!$db){
die('FAILED TO OPEN DATABASE:' . mysql_error());
}

$sql = "INSERT INTO todo(id, topic, date, comment)
VALUES (" . $validentry . ", '" . $_POST['topic'] .
"', '" . $_POST['date'] . "', '" . $_POST['comment'] . "');";

$result=mysql_query($sql);
if(!$result){
die('FAILED TO INPUT INTO DATABASE:' . mysql_error());
}
header("Location: index.php?id=" . $validentry);
}

?>
<center>
**All dates must be inputted in the YYYY-MM-DD format**



<form action="<?php echo $SCRIPT_NAME . "?id=" . $validentry; ?>" method="post">
<table>

<tr>
<td>Topic</td>
<td><input type="text" name="topic"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Date</td>
<td><input type="text" name="lname"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Comment</td>
<td><input type="text" name="address"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td></td>
<td><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit Note"></td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>
</center>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
295 Like 17 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Loosing changed contents when used FM REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY
Hi,

I have used FM REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY in my program as below.

CALL FUNCT

IP Based Cron Jobs
I run cronjobs on my website. After one of my visitors got curious and tinkered around he realized h

how to get values from $_Post with onchange="form.submit();"?
Hi, I have a form that submit to itself with a file upload field and two other hidden field values.<

What do you call the "token" thing?
You know how some sites have links that run on tokens? Tokens are links that only stay alive for a c

error checking breaking my code
Hi there, OK first of all, big apologies for what I assume is really fundamental errors in the struc

Form submissing with PHP and JQuery/Ajax
I have searched everywhere, but cannot find a solution for this... I have worked all day trying to g

Displaying a clickable playername
I am going wrong somewhere with the mysql_query, can someone please put me straight?

$playern

Newb advice
Hi all,

I'm a flash front end designer and I've taken on a project that needs some back end p

Problem with php's rename function
So, i'm having a problem with the php rename function. Basically my script 'delete_user.php' attempt

Why is the logic of this simple code not working?
Hey, I'm trying to determine if a table already exists in mysql, but doing a query first with mysql_

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash