I think i'm using the syntax incorrectly

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this forum and a newbie with PHP - I'm glad I found this site - I hope to learn a lot! For my first and hopefully one of few questions, lol..

I told my boss i'd help him out with making a script to sort a txt file he has with 92 pages of e-mail addresses into something organized. Before i work out how to check for duplicates, so on and so forth - I'm trying to do the basics. I realise this is wrong

Code: <?php
$emails=fopen('test.txt','r');
$newlist=fopen('test2.txt','a');
while(! feof($emails))
{
$newline=fgets($emails);

$newchar=fgetc($newline);

if ($newchar==" ")
fseek($newlist,0,seek_end);
else

{
$addy = fnmatch ("*@*.*",$newline);

fwrite($newlist,$addy);
}
}
?>

I'm just trying to get the script to store a line in the variable and then go by character until it hits a space and move down to the next line to write the next e-mail it finds - I think the sequence im searching for is also a bit off. I understand I will need a loop of some sort so all the char's in the $newline character are viewed, can someone please help me out - I feel i'm so close to doing this!

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
337 Like 22 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

NOOB needs help with upload file
The intent of this form is to create a folder for a client and upload an image into another folder '

While Problem
i am having a problem with a while statement here is the code
Code: [Select]<?php
sess

mysql timestamp manipulation
How could I use a timestamp (e.g 2009-10-30 13:20:35 ), and with php find out if it is:

from

Agency Business Process
Hi,

I don’t understand the process of the agency business in SAP.

In my

PHP code needed to get/post form fields and request mysql query results.
I'm new to PHP

I've created an html form to allow the user to request a basic telephone dire

Displaying an image using echo command
I had done a query on my database, one of the fields being an image reference to a directory where a

weird problem
last time, i did post a topic concerning why my page sometime will load as blank page when using IE.

Error when call dll from oracle
Hi all, please help me!

I have dll write C language, I want call it from oracle procedur

Registration
ok so i have a site where people can register and login which works now thanks to someone on here th

array_combine() trouble w/csv file
I have a problem with a piece of code I wrote to import some records from a csv file into mysql. I h

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash