max function question


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi All
Ihave a table that holds shipment numbers and dates like this

select * from ship_tab;
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
ship_num date_ship
1 09-SEP-09
2 17-SEP-09
3 25-SEP-09

i want to fetch the highest ship_num and its date.
right now if i'm doing
select max(ship_num),date_ship from ship_tab
group by date_ship;
it give me :
ship_num date_ship
1 09-SEP-09
2 17-SEP-09
3 25-SEP-09
i want a query to give me
ship_num date_ship
3 25-SEP-09
without doing two fetches is it possible?
thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
140 Like 53 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

I need some help with the IF command...
I have a large number of images in one section of my website with the .jpg format. I'm adding a bun

ob_ dynamic content
i was wondering about the potential to use ob to create a <div then remove it when the page

Help with ORDER BY
Hello. I would like to order by ascending States, then Cities, then Gyms in the following code, but

single values into sql field
i have a form which i want the user to able to select multiple answers. But i want the answers to be

Displaying a record from mysql in a simple swf file
Hi,

I have a mysql database containing information I would like to display in my swf.

Solution to the FindControl problem
I have seen may posts about having problems with the FindControl method. Most seem to come about bec

How to read CSS message data
Hi,
I have a requirement here. When working as a Dev angel for multiple customers its really di

need to apply an if/else statement to Tim Thumb script
Not sure how to work this. I essentially want to call a variety of image sizes based on which style

pls clear my confusion
Hi friends,

Pls solve my query .

what is the exact use of Scope Resolution Operator( i

Using Curl_multi for processing multiple URLs
Hi,

I am at a loss as to how to implement this. I would like to be able to automatically assi

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash