help with multi-update


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Now sure how to ask this really....
10g database if that matters.

I have a customer that accidently changed 742 records incorrectly. I'm being asked to fix it.
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

Here is the sql that SHOWS me the relevant columns...

Select
p2.numberprgn,
a.agreement_id,
p2.ng_legacy_agreement_id
from
msp_sc.probsummarym1 p, msp_sc.probsummarym2 p2, msp_sc.ngslaassistm1 a
where
p.NUMBERPRGN = p2.NUMBERPRGN and
a.ORG_LEVEL1 = p.NG_SECTOR_NM and
a.CURRENT_ASSIGN_GROUP = p.ASSIGNMENT and
a.SEVERITY = p.SEVERITY_CODE and
p.OPEN_TIME >= '1-AUG-09' AND
p.OPEN_TIME <= '21-OCT-09' and
P.CATEGORY = 'USER-DESKTOP' and
p2.ng_legacy_agreement_id = '379' and
p2.ng_legacy_agreement_id <> a.agreement_id;

When I ran a distinct query against the agreement id, I get a total of 7 id's.

361
352
356
358
350
348
360

So I need to change the legacy ids to match the respective agreement id.

I know how to do it on a one by one basis...but there has to be a better way than doing that 742 times.

example:
NUMBERPRGN AGREEMENT_ID NG_LEGACY_AGREEMENT_ID
IM2108605 356 379
IM2113059 356 379
IM2116625 356 379
IM2117250 356 379
IM2119411 356 379
How do I go about this?

thx
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
75 Like 30 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Why does this file not return file names that start with numbers?
This file returns a list of filenames to help populate a drop down in my form. For some reason it ig

Form help: Syntax & Logic
Hello again all,

I'm working on a form and ran into a wall (again) and can't seem to think th

reading xml faster than DB call?
I am trying to optimize a high traffic website, and I enabled a feature where there are three photos

Need help with an email blocker for a guessbook
I am new with php and here is a simple guessbook page but I am being hit with spam from a group of t

Problem with PHP code- simple contact form
I'm relativily new to PHP; I know HTML and CSS stuff but I have a problem- I have a contact form wit

Call Screen statement Error
Dear Experts,

is there any setting that needs to be done before creating any dialog progr

error help - Dynamic Image
I've been working on making my site less cluttered in the directories and more secure lately. In an

PHP - MySQL Fail
My PHP code will only execute the first part of my code...

Code: <?php

sessio

How can I uploading Transactional Data from Legacy to New SAP system
Hell Gurus,

I am overwhelmed with questions on how to migrate huge volume of Sales Orders

Undefined Variable: PHP_SELF, pls help
Hi,

Im a newbie on PHP / MySQL programming and Im running a script to search one field on my

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash