md5 is it unique

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I know this is most likely one of many simple questions that can be found semi easily. But I'm pressed for time. I have searched google, php.net, etc. But it only tells me how to make md5 hashes. Ok great that part I knew.

What I am curious of is, if I create a md5 hash and store it as a session a cookie, or an entry in a database for later comparison with something else. If I followed the same exact method of creating the variable for the session, with the same exact data, would it create the same exact hash as before or would it create a new hash that would be diffrent

example

$session_key = md5('Name-of-Product'.'Price'.'Shipping');
$compare_key = md5('Name-of-Product'.'Price'.'Shipping');

for the example above I would initial hash the info for the $session_key

through a series of different actions the user will eventually end up sending the data through the site via some form of variable or another $_POST or $_GET what I am tempting to do is want to make sure that if i take the user provided data that it matches that of the session I created earlier by comparing the 2 hash strings.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
271 Like 23 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

ok i need to join all this pages to make 1 neat code
i have 5 pages that make up my tv guide it works 100% but i want to make it 1 page if i can or 2, i

using a loop help
Hi guys , i need some help. I have this loop :
while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($Result)) { ?&

$variable = $variable
Hello

Sorry if this is a really simple question but I have run out of ideas. Is there a reall

Multipe Dynamic Controls & AutoPostback Issue
I currently have a need to create many dynamic controls (Example Textboxes) that need to do a PostBa

Get last modified date of web page
Hai All,

In php how can i get last modified date of a give web page . I have tried to g

How to file_get_contents when login required?
Hello!

I am trying to read data from a page that you have to be logged into to view, I am try

Image upload - determine folder
I have an upload script that may be accessed from different directories. Problem is, the script is m

Generate multilayered array from string.
ok so i have a string that looks like this:
Code: [Select]blog:edit_all,delete_all|users:edit_all

[Need Help] php timing issues
I don't know what is going wrong. I need some help with being able to set an image at 9:00am Colorad

Table colours fail when extra row added
Hey Gurus,

I got a weird problem with formating the colour of a table made in php. Everything

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash