Preventing blank or already entered values


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Im trying to learn how to place a read file line by line and prevent duplicate entries and also BLANK entries, into my process php script,

using feof, I have failed many times and get so many errors such as syntax expecting . or , and so forth
this is my process.php
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
<?php
$File = "links.txt";
$Handle = fopen($File, 'a');
$Data = "".$_POST['ID'];
fwrite($Handle, $Data."n");
print "Data Addedn";
fclose($Handle);
?>


<?php
countLines("links.txt");
function countLines($filepath)
{
$handle = fopen( $filepath, "r" );
$count = 0;
while( fgets($handle) )
{
$count++;
}
fclose($handle);
return $count;
}

?>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="5;test1.php"></HEAD>

please wait... navigating back!



I got fed up and deleted all my work, to start from scratch,

if feof($_POST['ID'])
{
alert 'Already entered';
return;
}
that was just one of my attempts
also im unsure if putting in /n would make it look for /n or new line, if it looks for new line and every file has the new line marker would it always return as the data was already entered?

Thanks in advance for assistance/teaching
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
241 Like 9 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Email to a friend script problems
I have this send-to-a-friend script with 2 issues:


1) When you open the form popup on a p

Help with explandable category tree
I have the below query:

SELECT l1.id as lev1_id,l2.id as lev2_id,l3.id as lev3_id,l1.categ

Multiple if statements
Ok so seems basic but for some reason I'm not doing it right. What I want is to be able to have 2 se

Checking if field is empty AND using !is_numeric
Hi lads,

Need to be able to display an error message (using isset?) that says "Cant lea

Get value from Select menu
Hi!

Have tried to find the solution on the web. Don't know if there is an easy one. A descrip

Pre-Fill out a PHP form...??
This is for work actually (geek squad). We have to fill out this online php form at work over and ov

How to create a static html menu from a database
Hi,

I have built a small cms which allows me to create simple html pages and then upload them

import table with dependency
Hi

What is the best way to import table back which has dependency?

SQL> cre

PHP submit form script causing blank page
Im trying to submit a form using this script, however nothing shows up on the page, does anyone know

If statement help please.
Hello on my site I have 2 content boxes. 1 is for the main content (which is the biggest one) and th

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash