Need help-Error istream header declaration


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi Everyone ,

I am having issue with istream declaration. I am new to C programming.
can any one please help me ?
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

I am getting error in getNameValuePair.h and getNameValuePair.C code.

Here below the compilation result .

xlCcore -q64 -g -v -D_RWCONFIG=8s -D_RWSTD_NO_DEPRECATED_C_HEADERS=0 -D_RWSTD_NO_FORCE_RELATIVE_PATHS=0 -D_RWSTD_USE_USR_INCLUDE_HEADERS=0 -qnotempinc -qeh=v6 -qarch=auto -I/appl/dev/include -I/appl/dev/include/ansi -I/appl/dev -I/home/prod/itamac/iprs/iprs3.5/include -I/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/precomp/public -I/usr/include -v -O -qsuppress=1500-029 -qidirfirst -qnotempinc -qcpp_stdinc=/appl/dev/include:/appl/dev/include/ansi:/appl/dev/include/leo:/usr/include -c getNameValuePair.C
exec: export(export,XL_CONFIG=/etc/vac.cfglCcore,NULL)
exec: export(export,XL_XLCMP_PATH=/usr/vac:/usr/vacpp,NULL)
exec: export(export,XL_COMPILER=xlc++,NULL)
exec: export(export,XL_ASMOBJFILES=/tmp/xlcAS00Qhid,NULL)
exec: /usr/vacpp/exe/xlCentry(/usr/vacpp/exe/xlCentry,-D_AIX,-D_AIX32,-D_AIX41,-D_AIX43,-D_AIX50,-D_AIX51,-D_AIX52,-D_AIX53,-D_IBMR2,-D_POWER,-D_RWCONFIG=8s,-D_RWSTD_NO_DEPRECATED_C_HEADERS=0,-D_RWSTD_NO_FORCE_RELATIVE_PATHS=0,-D_RWSTD_USE_USR_INCLUDE_HEADERS=0,-I/appl/dev/include,-I/appl/dev/include/ansi,-I/appl/dev,-I/home/prod/itamac/iprs/iprs3.5/include,-I/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/precomp/public,-I/usr/include,-qosvar=aix.5.3,-qalias=ansi,-q64,-qlargetype,-g,-qnotempinc,-qeh=v6,-qarch=pwr5x,-O,-qsuppress=1500-029,-qidirfirst,-qnotempinc,-qcpp_stdinc=/appl/dev/include:/appl/dev/include/ansi:/appl/dev/include/leo:/usr/include,-qasm_as=/bin/as,-ogetNameValuePair.o,getNameValuePair.C,/tmp/xlcW000Qhia,/tmp/xlcW109Qhib,/dev/null,getNameValuePair.lst,/dev/null,/tmp/xlcW200Qhic,NULL)

"getNameValuePair.h", line 19.9: 1540-0040 (S) The text "&" is unexpected. "istream" may be undeclared or ambiguous.

"getNameValuePair.C", line 43.9: 1540-0040 (S) The text "&" is unexpected. "istream" may be undeclared or ambiguous.

unlink: /tmp/xlcAS00Qhid
unlink: /tmp/xlcW000Qhia
unlink: /tmp/xlcW109Qhib
unlink: /tmp/xlcW200Qhic
make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.

Stop.


Here below getNameValuePair.C header files declaration part

//#pragma VERSIONID "@(#)getNameValuePair.C 1.2"

// System Header Files
#include
#include
// #include
// Unit Header Files
#include "getNameValuePair.h"

//istream &
istream &getNameValuePair(string &name, // first token found on input line
string &value, // second token found on input line
istream (&input)) // stream from which to extract line

Here below content of getNameValuePair.h

// Interface to utility function to help parse a file of name-value pairs.
// Lines are broken into tokens separated by white space.
// Lines without tokens are ignored.
// Lines whose initial token begins with "#" are ignored.
// The first token on a line is assigned to name.
// If there is a second token, it is assigned to value.
// Any remaining tokens on the line are discarded.
#include
//#include
istream &getNameValuePair(string &name, string &value, istream &input = cin);

Can you please anyone help me out for this issue ?

we create service request to RW vendor about this compiler problem. they told us to change header file declaration part like to . ( the above code is not updated - original source code)
after we have done the changes also, it gives same error .

can any one tell me what should need to change in above code ?
Thanks is advance
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
133 Like 46 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Module pool selction screen parameters combination logic
Hi floks,
Am new to the module pool development ,Recently i have created one program based on

setcookie and isset($_COOKIE(name)) seem very finnicky.
I'm currently playing around with a user system with login and registration. I'm trying to use cooki

Page not Loading After Test
Hey All

It seemed that an inlcude statement wasn't working for some reason, so I tried a more

quick basic question, hopefully not dumb
I don't know how to search for this, so forgive me if it's been covered...

I often see an exa

Need to write a cookie with a url var
Not sure if its possible, but I need to write a cookie with a url.

So this would write 2232 a

problems with contact forms that are only protected against SQL injections
What could be a potential problem with contact forms that are only protected against SQL injections

How to set pass login name from htaccess to php
When the user logs into my members page via htaccess, I'd like to retain the username so that I can

please help me in this update statment
hi every one

if I have table and this data in it

id name
10

UDP Multicast question
Hey,

Im not really in the know when it comes to network related programming and activitie

Easy administration on MySQL databases
My website is database driven and I am very tired of manually making queries to my tables in order t

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash