Newb advice


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all,

I'm a flash front end designer and I've taken on a project that needs some back end php.
It's not completely greek to me as I write actionscript in flash which is an OO language.
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
However... I need a script that accomplishes quite a lot of stuff at once and after a lot of
cut and paste from the net I just can't make it work.
So all and any advice, snippets, help, ideas, much appreciated.
I need to do this: (ideally via a Flash front end but html if it has to) !

User uploads an image to a directory called "gallery" (file type and size restricted).
The script counts the images in the directory, then renames the new image to total +1.
i.e. if there are 30 images then the new one becomes 31.jpg.
The script then declares a variable (for flash to read) of the total number of images.
"total_img=31" (or similar).
Finally a success message for the user.

Many thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
263 Like 54 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Need help with unexpected T-STRING error
I'm a newbie and I'm still learning PHP. However this error has me stumped. I've googled, searched t

Why do I get this error
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/a5488351/public_html/b

Pls help with PHP
Pls can anyone direct me on how to create a user account for a customer. For example i want know if

Need Reporting Advice
My SQL server doesn't support MS SQL reporting services that comes with SQL Enterprise or Express. T

using variables in another page
I have a test database set up on localhost. I have a form that I can type a name into, hit the butto

Checkbox info wont include in Mailto
Hey, im new to php.
Basically I have made a form to request which type of job(s) are needed, whic

What are causes of a connection-timeout with fopen()?
Hello! Here is the situation: The server I host my website on just upgraded it's PHP build from 4.4.

script is pulling more then they have....
I have this script for my game where they can change there race. This will cost them 2,500 points. H

Transport data between itab and textfield on ALV event
Hallo,

I have a ALV Grid ( cl_gui_alv_grid ) and I also have hotspot click event with a h

Php mysql - select?
Hi i have this code:
Code: $iteminfo = mysql_query("SELECT desc FROM wc_items WHERE itemid =

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash