PHP / MySQL Associative Multidimensional Array:

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello.

I have data in a MySQL Table that adheres to the below: (note, no index, could add if necessary)

group~~~~~setting~~~~~value
1~~~~~~~~~Babble~~~~~Yeah, sure
1~~~~~~~~~Dabble~~~~~No, rather not
2~~~~~~~~~Crab~~~~~~~Maybe
3~~~~~~~~~Flab~~~~~~~Nah, not today

I want to query this and add it to an associative multidimensional array.

I have the following:

Line number On/Off | Expand/Contract $getem = array(array()); while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) { $getem[][] = $row['group']; $getem[][] = $row['setting']; $getem[][] = $row['value']; }

Of course, this is not associative. I thought if I changed $getem = array(array()); to $getem = array( array('group', 'setting', 'value') );, then it would be associative, but this isn't working.

My ultimate goal is this:

I have a second table in which the 'group' of the above table is a FK to the index of the second table. The end result, once processed and matched using PHP, is to print out the following:

Group Name 1
~~~Babble~~~Year, sure
~~~Dabble~~~No, rather not
Group Name 2
~~~Crab~~~~Maybe
Group Name 3
~~~Flab~~~~Nah, not today

Am I on the right track? You don't need to write the code for me, I'm just looking for a little direction.

Thanks

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
283 Like 35 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

PL/SQL: ORA-00947: not enough values error message
Hi all i am getting Error(25,63): PL/SQL: ORA-00947: not enough values error message when executing

column name cancatenation within PL/SQL
I have a PLSQL store procedure, and the following statement is part of a subquery
fname||lnam

Problems with array
This code is the last lines in an upload script that uploads 4 images at the same time and writes th

mail() problem
Hi Guys,

I've set up a contact email form. It sends the information fine, but it sends it to

Multi dimensional arrays
If I put in this code:

13<

Dynamically allocating the number of rows in a table based on a variable value
Hi,
I have situation here which i cannot resolve, I have a variable temp which stores the num

Is this possible? If one file assigned to an ID...
I have a page that lists property listings assigned to a specific user (a manage page), with brief t

script is pulling more then they have....
I have this script for my game where they can change there race. This will cost them 2,500 points. H

Applet JTextField Size Problem
Hello,

I recently started making an applet to calculate certain values for airplanes. However

Generate multilayered array from string.
ok so i have a string that looks like this:
Code: [Select]blog:edit_all,delete_all|users:edit_all

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash