POST into Array problem


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi Chaps,

I have a repeat region, displaying rows of data: jobid, fromtable, translatorcharge
In each row there is an input field to enter a cost for each job 'charge'.
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
//INPUT - TRANSLATOR CHARGE
Code: (text) <input type="text" name="translatorcharge" id="count" class="price" value="<?php echo $row_rsInvPending['jobtranslatorcharge']; ?>"/>
I have a hidden input that collects the information for each row, before sending all the information to a script page:
//HIDDEN INPUT - INFO COLLECTOR
Code: (text) <?php
$table_name = $row_rsInvPending['fromtable'];
$item_id = $row_rsInvPending['jobid'];
?>
<input type="hidden" name="jobinvsent[]" value="<?php echo $table_name; ?>:<?php echo $item_id; ?>:<?php $_POST['translatorcharge'] ?>" />
The script page then updates the translatorcharge column in the relevant table:
//SCRIPT - TO UPDATE DATABASE
Code: (text) $allowed_tables = Array('tbl_jobs','tbl_jobtransline','tbl_jobxml'); // to prevent SQL injection
foreach($_POST['jobinvsent'] as $var) {
$arr = explode(':', $var);
if(in_array($arr[0], $allowed_tables)) {
$table = $arr[0];
$rowid = $arr[1];
$transcharge = $_POST['translatorcharge'];
if(is_numeric($rowid)) {
// run your SQL query here to update $table where row matches $rowid
$mess = $ref = $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']; header( 'refresh: 0; url='.$ref);
$query = sprintf("UPDATE $table SET jobtranslatorcharge='$transcharge' WHERE jobid=$rowid");
$result = mysql_query($query, $conndb2) or die(mysql_error());
}
else {
$mess = "<p>There was a problem</p>";
}
}
}
The problem is, although I'm entering different values for each row, only the last entered value is being passed to the array and therefore updating all rows with the same value.
My questions is, how can I 'individualise' each input, relating to each row?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
194 Like 50 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Handling text changed in text box control using Ajax
I need to create a web form with a text box control. When someone types text into the textbox I nee

Login Script Issues
I am using a script I got from http://phpsense.com/php/php-login-script.html in order to allow peopl

why this query can delete duplicates ?
why this query can delete duplicates ? Anybody can give me the detailed explanation ?

Tha

Spaghetti Code
So.

I've pretty much reached the point where I have so many isset s on one page that I can't

Solution to the FindControl problem
I have seen may posts about having problems with the FindControl method. Most seem to come about bec

Read from forum
Haven't written anything forever and I would like to get back.
What I'm trying to do is getting t

same querie, or a new one??
Hi guys,

I'm still working on this drop down list. I've got the actual drop down list to wor

Changes to hosting company's server has affected web contact form
I started a thread a couple of months ago about the contact forms on my client's website. Basically

User feedback after MySQL query has been executed
Hi all, I've just registered on PHPFreaks because I've got a question that I simply can't work out b

Save cookie to DB
I'm working on a pixel tracking script for an incentive website and I need to use an ASP script to s

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash