problem getting my contact form working


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Yeah I know this is a pretty basic problem, but it's been a while since I've worked with PHP and I'm having a real problem getting it functioning properly. My real issue is the user inputed information is not getting sent with the email. I haven't added all the fields to the email yet as I'm trying to get it right first then populating all of the fields. Anyway my code is below:

hairinfo.html
Code: <form name="hairinfo" method="POST" action="hair/EmailToForm.php">
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
<table border="0" align="center" background="images/blackopaque.png" class="contact">
<tr>
<td width="100">Name</td>
<td><input name="name" type="text" id="name" class="contactBox" size="30"></td>
</tr>
<tr>

<td width="100">Service</td>
<td class="contactBox">
<input type="radio" name="hairservice" value="Cut" id="hairservice"> Cut

<input type="radio" name="hairservice" value="Colour" id="hairservice"> Colour

<input type="radio" name="hairservice" value="Hair Up" id="hairservice"> Hair Up

<input type="radio" name="hairservice" value="Set" id="hairservice"> Set

<input type="radio" name="hairservice" value="Style" id="hairservice"> Style
</td>
</tr>
<td width="100">Address</td>
<td><input name="address" type="text" class="contactBox" id="address" size="30"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="100">City</td>

<td><input name="city" type="text" class="contactBox" size="30"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="100">Date</td>
<td><input name="date" type="text" class="contactBox160" id="date"/>
<script language="JavaScript">
new tcal ({
// form name
'formname': 'testinput',
// input name
'controlname': 'testinput'
});</script>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>

<td width="100">E-Mail</td>
<td><input name="email" type="text" id="emailaddress" class="contactBox" size="30" ></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="100">Phone Number</td>
<td><input name="phone" type="text" class="contactBox" size="30" id="phone"></td>
</tr>
<tr>

<td width="100">&nbsp;</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="100" valign="top">Brief</td>
<td><textarea name="message" cols="23" rows="9" class="contactBox" id="message"></textarea></td>
</tr>
<tr>

<td width="100"></td>
<td><input name="send" type="submit" class="inputField" value="Send" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><em>For a faster reply, text your booking information to: 021 0259 6543</em></td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>
hair/EmailToForm.php
Code: <?php
// Contact subject
$subject ='Hair Booking';
// Details
$message="$message";

// Mail of sender
$mail_from="$emailaddress";
// From
$header="from: $name <$mail_from>";

// Enter your email address
$to ='kerry@manukadesign.co.nz';

$send_contact=mail($to,$subject,$message,$header);

// Check, if message sent to your email
// display message "We've recived your information"
if($send_contact){
echo "Thanks, we've recived your contact information<br />
and we will be in touch as soon as possible about your request";
}
else {
echo "ERROR";
}
?>
I would really appreciate any help offered.
Thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
151 Like 51 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Simpler method of getting variables from mysql
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to streamline my CMS's code and as I was writing a new page it occured to

Can anyone give me some link on .htaccess tutorial
i wish to have friendly url using .htaccess, but no idea yet about this

Hope that anyone cou

Word Trimming
Hi Guys & Gals!!

Hope you are all ok....

I need some help with the following

To change the name of label on SAP screen XK02.
Hi All,

Can one suggest me how to change the label of an input field of a sap standard s

Problem with the Update command used with a sqldataadapter
I'm connected to a database on an SQL Server and I'm using a sqldataadapter, sqlconnection, sqldatas

Retrieving the 25 most recently added entries from all tables in a MySQL databas
Hello,

The code below works great. It creates a table that shows the 25 most recently added t

mySQL and PHP search
Hello,
I am trying to code a project and ran into a brick wall with one of my pages. I am pretty

login form can you find my error?
registrationform.php seems fine send data to registration.php
registration.php seems fine checks

Executing an exe
Hi. I have some bizarre problem with exec (other any other method) to launch exe's. I am making a ga

Help with form post data and arrays
Hi all,

I am new to this forum... It has been awhile since i have worked with arrays, and i a

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash