GET vs SUBMIT Button to show sections on one index.php page?


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Just curious if one of these ways is better (i.e. more efficient) than the other.

I have an index.php page where there is a menu across the top with 5 choices. For example, HOME | MONKEYS | CATS | DOGS | KANGAROOS.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
I have ALL the code for those 5 pages on that single index.php file. Now is it better to...

1. Use FORM SUBMIT BUTTONS for each menu option. So I'd have the action of the form be "index.php" and then code like this for the menu...

Code: <input type='submit' name='submit' value='HOME' ><input type='submit' name='submit' value='MONKEYS' >
And then I would have IF statements to see which Submit button was clicked and show the right info accordingly.

OR

2. Use appended URLs and then use GET to see which info should show, as in...

Code: <a href="index.php?page=home">HOME</a>|<a href="index.php?page=monkeys">MONKEYS</a> (etc, etc)
And then have IF statements using GET to check the URL and show the right info accordingly.

I'm not sure one way is better than the other, but just curious if anyone has any thoughts. Like maybe one of these processes in more server intensive than the other??

NOTE: If I use Google Analytics, I guess might help to see appended URLs to know which page got more hits, rather than just seeing info for index.php without knowing if they visited MONKEYS, or CATS or whatever. But please answer the question as if Google Analytics was not relevant.

Thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
316 Like 33 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Generate multilayered array from string.
ok so i have a string that looks like this:
Code: blog:edit_all,delete_all|users:edit_all,delete_

Search with relational database
Hey,

I have quite a complicated (for me anyway ) relational database for an apartments syste

array & querys help/advice.
Ok so here goes , I have a mysql database and basically here's what I need to do.

// foreach

Converting from one format to another
"I have got a date in DD/MM/YYYY but I need it in MM-DD-YYYY. Help!"

Detail Expenses Report by Cost Center
I would like to obtain a report out of SAP that shows a list of expenses by cost center that shows t

Remove Rows From Database ad
Hi All,

I have this:

Code: [Select]<?php
session_start();
include('../com

Help with page encoding issue and weird characters
I'm trying to write a screen scraper and when I pull out the lines of the html file that I'm interes

Strange cookie problem. setcookie dependant on where user was directed from?
Hello,

I have a website that sets a cookie when a user visits the website. The cookie holds a

Unidentified index error in a simple form
I have been trying to make an HTML form that is handled by a PHP script. So far my attempts to get i

Displaying a clickable playername
I am going wrong somewhere with the mysql_query, can someone please put me straight?

$playern

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash