GET vs SUBMIT Button to show sections on one index.php page?

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Just curious if one of these ways is better (i.e. more efficient) than the other.

I have an index.php page where there is a menu across the top with 5 choices. For example, HOME | MONKEYS | CATS | DOGS | KANGAROOS.

I have ALL the code for those 5 pages on that single index.php file. Now is it better to...

1. Use FORM SUBMIT BUTTONS for each menu option. So I'd have the action of the form be "index.php" and then code like this for the menu...

Code: <input type='submit' name='submit' value='HOME' ><input type='submit' name='submit' value='MONKEYS' >
And then I would have IF statements to see which Submit button was clicked and show the right info accordingly.

OR

2. Use appended URLs and then use GET to see which info should show, as in...

Code: <a href="index.php?page=home">HOME</a>|<a href="index.php?page=monkeys">MONKEYS</a> (etc, etc)
And then have IF statements using GET to check the URL and show the right info accordingly.

I'm not sure one way is better than the other, but just curious if anyone has any thoughts. Like maybe one of these processes in more server intensive than the other??

NOTE: If I use Google Analytics, I guess might help to see appended URLs to know which page got more hits, rather than just seeing info for index.php without knowing if they visited MONKEYS, or CATS or whatever. But please answer the question as if Google Analytics was not relevant.

Thanks

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
316 Like 33 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Merger of 6 sister companies under one flagship company after go live
Dear Experts,
I need one help regarding Merger of sister companies of same group. currently we

simplexml_load_file and rss problem
Hi,

I have a problem parsing an rss feed using simplexml_load_file - this is strange as i hav

validating url
im trying to validate url's sent to me by a form
the url's im collecting are for placing banners

pagination numbering pattern
Hello,

I have following code which works great for pagination. but i have small issue now.

BI in Upstream Production operations
Appreciate if you can assist in the following areas:
1) Examples of life before and after BI i

Javascript or not?
How many people prefer javascript/ajax sites? How many prefer the good old fashion straight php sit

how do i display data on a page from mysql
1 - do i use this code at the top of each of my page i wish to only alow access if there as been a s

PHP and MySQL Question/Help
I have a MySQL db with all my servers and all their details like server name, IP, OS, RAM etc etc 26

Problems with array
This code is the last lines in an upload script that uploads 4 images at the same time and writes th

issues verifying if user is logged in
I am having issues when a user logs in via asp Login control, the IsAuthenticated still seems to com

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash