question about stripslashes and real_escape_string


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

im cleaning up an old app that I wrote fixing some of the vulernabilities from attacks.

I have roughly 30 files. I want to be able to edit every $_POST and $_GET

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Code: $value=$_POST['value'];
$value=$_GET['value'];
my instinct would be to edit every file and do it manually

Code: $value=$_POST['value'];
$value=mysql_real_escape_string($value)


$value=$_GET['value'];
$value=mysql_real_escape_string($value)

but if there was a faster way it would make my life easier. What I would like to do is to maybe create a function i can put at the top of every page or into my global.php which is included into every page that would do something like this

Code:
if (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) {

$value = stripslashes($value);
}else{
$value=mysql_real_escape_string($value)

}
i dont intend to have magic quotes on, but other people might on there servers.

I just need every $_POST or $_GET within my script to be automaticly cleaned or filtered from SQL Injections

I saw something a long time ago where it was something they put at the top of there page, this will be completely wrong, but i will give u an example of what it looked like

Code: $_GET = array_map('mysql_real_escape_string', $_GET);
$_POST = array_map('mysql_real_escape_string', $_POST);
$_COOKIE = array_map('mysql_real_escape_string', $_COOKIE);
$_REQUEST = array_map('mysql_real_escape_string', $_REQUEST);

im not to sure how that goes about effecting everything, where to put it, etc

Any ideas or suggestions? Or am I stuck doing it manually.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
291 Like 25 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

PHP form help required
Hi all! Apologies in advance for having to message the forum for help. I know you must get a lot of

PHP Cannot redeclare class
I have 6 files, and two of them do not seem to want to play well. I keep getting a "Cannot rede

BI in Upstream Production operations
Appreciate if you can assist in the following areas:
1) Examples of life before and after BI i

pop3 and fsockopen
So I am able to connect to the pop3 server, log in, and check how many messages there are. I am hav

Creating a db with a query
Hello everyone.
I'm having troubles creating a db with a query.
I'm reading a book called PHP

Get ID from Database when Posting with a HTML Form
I have a form I am submitting to a MySql database. Each product has an ID # attached to it that auto

How to display value in drop down list after form has been reloaded
Please bear with me as I am very new to php and html.

I have a form with several drop down me

PHP Code reffering to database, doing something wrong.. pls help
Well i am quite new with PHP
and for school we have to make a PHP script which reffers to a Data

Display thumbnails as square while retaining aspect ratio
I am trying to figure out a way to make an image display as a square, for example 80x80 pixels, when

Calling All PHPFREAKS Blackberry Users
Are you a member of PHPFreaks and have a blackberry? Well RIM just recently released Blackberry Mes

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash