first few characters only

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

hi, does anyone know how to use PHP to take the first few words of a text and limit them? i have seen this in many news sites where the news story headline reads like "woman found in obama's bedroom today at....... read more. ('read more' is a link)

what i am looking for is something that says i will take the first 100 characters of the entry and then print "...read more" as a link to the full story.

thanks

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
137 Like 16 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

ALV grid with 2 headers
Hi Gurus,

I need to display ALV GRID as below.

Header1

Help? Need help on project with templates involving mysql and php.
I'm having a hard time explaining what I want but basically here is what I have in place:

-Da

user data not transferring to new page
I'm a PHP learner. After an index.php page, the user goes to a login.php page. Both pages seem to

Help With editting and deleting form
Hallo !!

So look at this image :

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8272/snapshot5f.pn

PHP Mysql Staff Induction System
Hi there, I'm pretty new to PHP and Mysql so could really do with being pointed in the right directi

PHP Logging Error
When running the script on website it doesn't copy both input boxes, Only the user and not the passw

Multiple while loops
I have several DB queries that I know should be returning results and aren't. I have a feeling it ha

Getting rid of quotes when printing data
Hi Guys, I use the filter_var FILTER_SANITIZE_STRING to filter the textarea input. The function esca

Select Rows as Columns..
is there a way to select COLUMN_NAME from user_tab_columns where table_name='TABLENAME';
and ha

PHP Programming error. Please help!
Hi there,

Am making a website for a friend and have encountered a problem that i need fixing

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash