Show specific day of the week


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have been racking my brain trying to get this function to work properly and it is doing so for everything but Sundays. What I am trying to do is display all dates within a specified date range that fall within a selected day of the week (ie. Monday,etc). This function serves multiple purposes where it can be used for just one day of the week, for all weekdays, or weekends. Everything works but Sundays do not show up. Can anyone please help or suggest any other function that will accomplish what I am trying to do?

Here is the code:

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
function getDOW($moBeg, $dayBeg, $moEnd, $dayEnd, $year, $dayWeek) {
$week = 0;
$dayBeg = $dayBeg - 1;
$DOW = array();
$i = 1;
//Get first date of specified day from the beginning of the date range
if ($dayWeek == 0){
$week = date("w", mktime(12, 0, 0, $moBeg, $dayBeg, $year));
}
else {
while ($week != $dayWeek) { //Specify the day of the week (ie. Monday = 1)
$dayBeg++;
$week = date("w", mktime(12, 0, 0, $moBeg, $dayBeg, $year));
}
}
array_push($DOW,date("Ymd", mktime(12, 0, 0, $moBeg, $dayBeg, $year)));
$weekBeg = date("W", mktime(12, 0, 0, $moBeg, $dayBeg, $year));
$weekEnd = date("W", mktime(12, 0, 0, $moEnd, $dayEnd, $year));
while ($weekNum < $weekEnd) {
$addWeek = strtotime(date("r", mktime(12, 0, 0, $moBeg, $dayBeg, $year)) . "+" . $i . " week");
$addWeekConv = date("Ymd", $addWeek);
$weekNum = date("W", $addWeek);
if (substr($addWeekConv,0,4) == $year && substr($addWeekConv,4,2) <= $moEnd){
//Conditional fixes problem where an extra date from next month or year is added
array_push($DOW,$addWeekConv);
$i++;
}
}
return $DOW;
}
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
65 Like 31 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Check if another session of the page is running?
I want to keep people from opening multiple tabs, or sessions of my Facebook app. Is it possible to

How to sum these output values
Hi

I need sum the month totals
SELECT region_name, area_name ,SUM (CASE WHEN S

Gantt Chart Tool
Does anyone know of a good free gantt chart creator tool

Thanks

how can we add data from dynamic fields to mysql db in php
i have a script which i found on the internet. i modify that script according to my needs. what is i

LIMIT $start, 10... how to pass last value queried into next page with GET??
Ok I know how to display the first or last 10 results of a query...

$result = mysql_query(&q

Sort a two dimensional array.
Hi. I've set up a two dimensional array that reads as follows:

Code: $modifiedData = array(

Blank record injected into database
I always found several blank records inside my database, although $SESSION is required to insert the

search query in mysql in php problem
my search query wont work, i know, that my codes are correct.please help

Code: [Select]&l

Generate multilayered array from string.
ok so i have a string that looks like this:
Code: blog:edit_all,delete_all|users:edit_all,delete_

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cann.....
hi, can someone help me with this? I keep getting this error....

Warning: session_start() [fu

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash