Solution to the FindControl problem

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have seen may posts about having problems with the FindControl method. Most seem to come about because the control being searched for is nested within a container other than the webform.I came across this code (sorry dont remember the web site) that I have posted in response to many of the posts related to this type of problem. I thought it would be easier if I post this code here for others to find./// /// Finds a Control recursively. Note finds the first match that exists /// /// Should be the lowest container in the heirarchy, for eg dont choose Master page if you can pick the specific panel /// ID of the control you are looking for /// the control if found else null private static Control FindControlRecursive(Control Root, string Id) {if (Root.ID == Id) return Root; foreach (Control Ctl in Root.Controls) {Control FoundCtl = FindControlRecursive(Ctl, Id); if (FoundCtl != null) return FoundCtl; }return null; }

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
148 Like 21 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

contact form - output to page and email
I have the following in my controller:

$message['name'] = htmlentities(strip_tags(trim($_POST

Undefined Index Notice In Internet Explorer Only
I am getting the following notice:

QuoteNotice: Undefined index: jrox in /home/ycsn/public_h

Pop-up Banner
Hello Friends,I need to use banner in our client site.Example: www.example.com if i enter this site

Login script (probably a simple error)
dbConfig.php
Code: <?
// Replace the variable values below
// with your specific dat

Simple MySQL script is not working
Hey guys,

Just familiarizing myself with PHP and MySQL. I am following along in the O'Reilly

Help with usergroups? prolly really quick
So were coding our own forums for a game system we made an we have the users level setup but now I n

Trouble with a select list
Hello All!
I was wondering if any of you guys could help me with a small problem I'm having!

php slowing my site?
Hi all,

I think that one of the reasons that my site doesn't work fast is that the code is ve

Curl & sessions PLS HELP
Hello,

I have a problem with curl and sessions and i will try to explain the best i could.

Socket Server
In my following socket server, I am trying to listen to a connection through port 12345 in my web br

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash