Strange array issue, never happened before.

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

mysql_fetch_array returns 1 array per call. Generally that's why it is inserted into a while statement. I generally loop through them in a while statement and put them all in a master array so I have all the results in one place instead of having to use them on the spot in the while loop. So here is what I generally do:
// If the flag all is set then run an "all" query. else we need to do some specifics on the query instead.
Code: [Select]<?php
if ($flag['all'] == 1) {
$sql = 'SELECT * FROM data_resources';
}else {
$sql = '';
}

#### Run Query ####
$data = array(); //This is the master array that will contain all results.
$query = mysql_query($sql);
while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($query, MYSQL_ASSOC)) {
$data[] = $row;
}
?>
If I echo out the data array inside the while statement it works properly, but when I try to access it outside of the while it doesn't work. What is going on? Normally this works just fine.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
272 Like 45 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Share admin accross websites
I'm using .net memberships and roles in one of my sites, but I need to be able to share logins and p

PHP/PKI
I am trying to set up a web application that uses pki. does anyone have a good tutorial to set this

Members Only
Hi all, for my website i have a members area only which on members can veiw, but at the moment anyon

How could I combine these arrays??
Hello.. I'm trying to figure out a way to combine these first two arrays to get the last array..

ldap connection
We are using ldap to get user information from the domain controller. It was working before. Recentl

weird problem
last time, i did post a topic concerning why my page sometime will load as blank page when using IE.

str_replace help
Hey there,

I'm a PHP newb, I'm having troubles with the str_replace function. I want to clean

How to show the difference between two data field in a database with php.
Hello php gurus,

how r u all... i'm not so well facing a typical problem please help me...<

textfield unchanged
hi,
i want my form to know whether its textbox is unchange or not.

if($textbox == 'unchang

How to change Time Zone
HI
I want to change the time zone of the server to another country.How can do that?

Thanks

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash