Take info from one coloum and move to another


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all,

I have this:
Code: [Select]$array = "SELECT stock_id FROM stocks WHERE stock_id BETWEEN '1' and '5' ";
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
$res = mysql_query($array);
$count = 0;
while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($res)){
if (is_int($count / 10) || $count == 0){
$rand_low = rand(1,5);
$rand_high = rand(1,5);
}
$num = rand($rand_low,$rand_high);
$update = "UPDATE stocks SET t_val=$num WHERE stock_id='" . $row['stock_id'] ."'";
if (mysql_query($update)){
echo "Updated record(s)<br />n";
}
}
Which simply updates a coloum called t_val with a random value between 1 and 5. I have another coloum in the table called y_val. What I would like to do is take the value of t_val before it is updated with the new rand and save it to the y_val coloum. How would I do this?

Many thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
104 Like 39 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

search function
HI guys,

if anyone could point us in the right direction of how to do this, or provide some t

Need Help with a query
Hello,
For some reason I am just not getting the right answer when I do this query and not quite

login box shows up again after logging in 2nd login works
Hello,

I am having trouble on my site Lockerz.rack111.com where when you login the login box

Phase Error I can't seem to find :(`
Hey guys, I can seem to find my phase error on this. I am getting this error

[error]
Pars

HELP with mysql_real_escape_string
I'm looking to remove apostrophes completely when someone enters lyrics but don't have a clue how to

Help with looping
I have a comma separated list of colors taken from a database ($ICo) and a directory of images named

php wont update my db
hello,

sorry for posting in mysql forum but i dont know where exactly is the problem but here

Checking if a process is running (problems including psapi.dll i think...)
Ok, so all I'm trying to do is check if a program is running...

I've found out that I nee

Filtering for a phrase using pregmatch
Here is my code which looks for addresses which start with ' src=" '

Code: [Select]preg_

Pulling out some result data from MYSQL
Hey Guys,

I've built a PHP page that has a for just imagine something like registration form

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash