please, need help coding this voting for your favorite car polling system.


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

hi, my code needs a lot of work, but i want to be able to let users vote on their favorite car, update the database, and display the new updated data for the top ten cars listed. i want to prevent multiple votes by ip but i dont know how, but any help with the voting part of the code GREATLY appreciated, as my google tutorials seem to only show premade code.

here is the page so far.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Code: <?php
include("connect1.php");


ini_set('display_errors', 1);
error_reporting(E_ALL); // GREAT SNIPPET FOR DEBUGGING OUTPUTS ERRORS TO SCREEN */

////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////


// escape username and password for use in SQL//person said on board "looks fine" like this
//to prevent sql injections

$make= $_POST['make'];
$model = $_POST['model'];
$year = $_POST['year'];
$color = $_POST['color'];


$make = mysql_real_escape_string($make);
$model = mysql_real_escape_string($model);
$year = mysql_real_escape_string($year);
$color = mysql_real_escape_string($color);

$find = $_POST['find'];





if(isset($_POST['Submit'])){

$vote=0;
$vote++;

echo (" You have voted for a ".$color. " ".$make." ".$model. " ...year: ".$year.".");

mysql_query("INSERT INTO cars (make, model, year ,color , vote ) VALUES('$make','$model', '$year' , '$color',' $vote'"); //ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE courtesy = courtesy + $courtesy, stability = stability + $stability, loyalty = loyalty + $loyalty, attitude = attitude + $attitude, votes = votes + $votes");


}//end isset




//output the cars row into an array and the list the top ten
if(isset($_POST['submit'])){
$query="SELECT make, model, year, color, vote
FROM cars
WHERE votes (is the most number of votes) ;
$result=mysql_query($query);

if(mysql_num_rows($result) > 0)
{
$topcars = mysql_fetch_array($result); //put cars row into an array $topcars

}

echo( "Top ten cars ". $carone."
".$cartwo."
". $carthree. "
".$carfour."
".
$carfive."
".$carsix. "
". $carseven. "
".$careight."
".$carnine."
".$carten .
");

}//end isset

?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<title>Top ten .com </title>
</head>

<body>
</p>
<div align="center">welcome to <strong>vote your cars</strong> </div>
<p>Please enter your vote your favorite car.<span class="style4"></span><br />
</p>
<form id="form1" name="form1" method="post" action="cars.php">

<table border="0">

<tr>
<td>Make</td>
<td>
<input name="make" type="text" id="make" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Model</td>
<td>
<input name="model" type="text" id="model" /> </td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Year</td>
<td><input name="year" type="text" id="year" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Color</td>
<td><input type="color" name="textfield" id="color" /></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td><input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit" /></td>
</tr>
</table>


</form>
<form id="form2" name="form2" method="post" action="cars.php">
<table width="666" border="1">
<tr>
<td width="42">&nbsp;</td>
<td width="608"><div align="center">VIEW THE UPDATED TOP TEN CARS</div></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td><input type="submit" name="submit" id="submit" value="submit" /></td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>

</body>
</html>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
309 Like 37 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

present value of sequence?
Hi

Please help me to find out the present value of sequence?

Thanks

Multi Level Array Problem
hi all,

For example I have array like below:

$temp = array(array('north america', 'us'

Why does my crawler script suddenly end with no error?
Hi.

I have written a web crawler script. It will visit a large number of URL's with cURL.

WHYISNT THIS MYSQL STATEMNT NOT WORKING? (php)
caps because its absolutely rediculous.
i dontunderstand why its not working. there is a column c

FPDF Help
I've been playing with the FPDF module. I was building a form and rolling right along and then sudde

Need help with simple code, back and forward buttons.
Basically, I have a set of pages in a folder, which have the title somephrasehere_09.php, somephrase

Specific name typed, specific image shown on html page
Hello,

Fairly new to PHP and was curious if someone might know how to solve a fairly simple r

help with mysql_error()
Hi,

I am trying to insert data into a table, but I am not able to insert it. I wanted to see

Dump with added_funcion cl_salv_table
Hi there, I'm having some troubles adding a self defined function to an ALV in fullscreen. The thing

Help uploading .JPG
I have a problem with upload images when the ending is .JPG capitalized.. I really don't know what c

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash