Thought I has this figured out especially after all the help i received?

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Cags, Salathe, Daniel helped me with this yesterday, but not sure i took it all in.
I am attempting to open the URL and grab all the links within using preg_match_all

The problem is Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ECHO in C:xamppxampphtdocstest4.php on line 13

Code: [Select] <?php
function curlURL($url) {
$curl = curl_init();
curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2');
$output = curl_exec($curl);
return $output;
}

$curlResults = curlURL("http://southcoast.craigslist.org/sss/");
preg_match_all #<a href="(/[a-z]{3}/d{10}.html)">#, $matches;
echo ($matches);
?>

I think i may be having a rather tough time grasping the [1] idea. I mean can't i just hold the exact matches? Do i need to add the 2 parameters? Sorry if i sound like a broken record. I started with C++ months ago and now trying my hand at php which to me seems a bit tougher to grasp. I really want to become great at php so i refuse to give up.

I appreciate the help with this inquiry, but also would like your thoughts on the BEST way to learn php without becoming overwhelmed. I have read 2 php and mysql books. Maybe i should be spending more time farting around with client code?

I know when learning C++ i spent most time playing with code and it seemed to do the trick, but with php i thought i could just jump in and the syntax would be familiar. Although it is somewhat similar it is also confusing as hell to me. Things like ".." and '...' seem to be different in php as are others. Anyhow you guys obviously got past the hurdles and i would like some encouragement/guidance as to what really helped you become the great helpers you are now. I would love to be able to answer others questions. That must feel great!

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
285 Like 20 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

ALV sum various columns problem
Hi all,
I'm doing a report on ABAP for a timesheet of the current month. The output i want is s

PHP Include w/If IE Condition Statement?
I was having a problem with Internet Exploder (big surprise, right?) displaying my drop down menus i

Storing the referrer in session... problems with tabs
Hello All

I am currently working on an ERP project based on the MVC methodology, when a user

unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_
Can anyone view my code and tell me why im getting the error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpect

How do I use a global footer..?
If my index.php has a bole bunch of if functions and exit's in them

Function module "DPS_CHECK_TABLE_EXISTS" not found (after OSS 1422843 impl)
Dear All,

I implemented Note OSS 1422843.

When i execute the new report RSPO20

Array question
Does anyone know how to create a program that takes the $ amount for 8 different departments and gi

Storing/displaying image urls in a database?
Hi
Basically I have the following scenario:
User chooses picture from list. Picture info is ad

Help With editting and deleting form
So look at this image :

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8272/snapshot5f.png
This table

Mail Script Problems
I have created a PHP mail script. I am having a problem though. In $body i am trying to put two va

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash