passthru() help

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum and to PHP. I have some pretty good experience writing shell scripts, but beyond that, I'm not much of a programmer. That being said, here's what I'm trying to do:
I'm using the passthru() function to run a program on the server. The server side program can take a few minutes to finish, but it does send data to stdout as it's running. While it's running, I'd like to give the user some sort of indication that the program is running. A progress bar would be fine, but I'd really like to be able to give them the output of the server side program as it becomes available.
So far, I haven't seen that there's a way to do this with passthru(). Should I try a different function? Is this even possible with PHP?
Thanks for your help

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
184 Like 14 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

How to add functionality to a simple php calender?
Hello everyone,

I have just finished creating a simple php calander. Can someone point

Script not running properly
Hello Everyone
This is a basic script for posting to a database. I'm not sure why it doesn't work

problem getting my contact form working
Yeah I know this is a pretty basic problem, but it's been a while since I've worked with PHP and I'm

Got A Free Server :(
So I was given a free server

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Compaq%20ProLiant%201500%20Server:1

Really need helps regarding Pagination with Sort
I need someone helps regarding pagination problem...i actually want to make my page limited to let s

Packet Design
Hi All,
Im new about network programming and I want to design a protocol but I have some question

Simple MySQL script is not working
Hey guys,

Just familiarizing myself with PHP and MySQL. I am following along in the O'Reilly

update 2 columns by doing inner 2-column query
Hi,
is something like this possible?

update contract_all set col1,col2 =
(

how to timeout $doc = new DOMDocument()->load($url)
I am currently using this $doc->load($url) to fetch an rss feed.
If a feed takes long than

How to make a mail Form secure?
I want to create an email Form on my web site. How can I make the Form secure so the submitted info

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash