Emergency: If 'Emergency' is not approved without cuts, Kangana Ranaut will go to court, says- how long will we remain afraid?


Posted on 2nd Sep 2024 12:17 pm by rohit kumar

Kangana Ranaut is promoting her upcoming film 'Emergency'. Actress-turned-politician Kangana Ranaut often remains in the headlines due to her outspoken statements. The actress' film is facing a delay in certification. Kangana says that an emergency has been imposed on her film.

 

Four days before the scheduled premiere of "Emergency", actress Kangana Ranaut has accused the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) of withholding its certification to delay its release. The actress said that she would go to court if she did not get approval on the uncut version. Kangana said, "Emergency has been imposed on my film too. This is a very disappointing situation. I am very disappointed with my country and whatever the situation is... how long will we keep fearing?"

 

Kangana further said, "I have made this film with a lot of self-respect, that is why the CBFC cannot raise any issue. They have withheld my certificate, but I am adamant about releasing the film without any cuts. I will fight in court and release the film without any cuts." She had also said that she was under pressure not to show the assassination of the former prime minister by his security guards.

 

Though the CBFC has put up the U/A certificate on its website, the makers are yet to receive a copy of the certificate. Every day a new cut is being made in the film, which they are doing due to some pressure." On Monday, the Madhya Pradesh High Court will hear a plea by a Sikh body seeking directions to stop the release of 'Emergency'.

 

Last week, the writer and co-producer of 'Emergency' said that her film is still stuck with the censor board, contrary to rumors that it has been cleared for release. It alleged that the trailer of the film "depicts incorrect historical facts which not only misrepresent the Sikh community but also promote hatred and social discord".

1 Like 0 Dislike
Previous news Next news
Other news

Manmohan Singh: Goodbye Manmohan Singh! A phone call that changed the country and the life of the former PM; the story is from 1991

Former Prime Minister of the country Manmohan Singh died on the night of 26 December at around 10

Srinagar records -4°C temperature, Delhi-NCR issues yellow cold wave alert; weather forecast for other states

Temperatures are expected to drop sharply in many parts of North and Central India. According to

IND vs PAK: From Suryakumar to Tilak... the message of 'no handshakes' echoed on the field, a befitting reply to Pakistan's gunfire celebration.

India has once again given a befitting reply to Pakistan. In Sunday's match, Pakistan's Sahibzada

Karnataka government angry with Kamal Haasan's statement, actor's films may be banned.

Kamal Haasan's controversial statement on Kannada language has created a storm in Karnataka. Karn

West Bengal: Suvendu said- If there was no Nandigram movement, Mamata would not have become CM, challenged her to contest from Bhawanipur

Senior BJP leader Suvendu Adhikari launched a scathing attack on West Bengal Chief Minister Mamat

Salman Khan: Salman Khan's security increased, and bulletproof glass installed on Galaxy's balcony, know the full update

Salman Khan's security has been given top priority amid threats from the Lawrence Bishnoi gang in

'58,929 occupied... but Waqf has many rights to protect the properties', the government told the powers of the board in the Lok Sabha.

The Central Government on Wednesday (November 27, 2024) told the Lok Sabha that a total of 58,929

Murshidabad Violence: Silence on the streets, internet shut down in Malda-Birbhum... Read the update on Murshidabad violence.

Violence continues against the Waqf Amendment Act in Murshidabad district of West Bengal. The sce

Long-distance travel by train has become costlier today, Railways has increased fares after 5 years; Know how much the travel has become costlier

The government has approved the Railway Board's proposal to increase the fare in long distance tr

QUAD stands with India, condemns the Pahalgam terror attack in one voice; said- the culprits should be punished at all costs

The foreign ministers of the Quad countries have strongly condemned the horrific terrorist attack

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash