Hotels opened in Maharashtra but still not back


Posted on 9th Jul 2020 01:04 pm by rohit kumar

The doors of around 10,000 hotels in Maharashtra were closed for the last four months due to the lockdown, which was allowed to open on Wednesday. However, the situation is not clear about when these hotels will be allowed to run bars and restaurants for outsiders. At present, food and drinking facilities have been allowed only for those staying in the hotel. Catering services account for about 10 to 15 percent of the hotel business's revenue.

 

 

Meanwhile, hotel companies have started making special packages to attract guests. Taljinder, senior vice president of Mumbai Hotels of IHCL, said that the iconic Taj Mahal Palace in Mumbai will currently open only Shamiana and Taj Saloon restaurants. He said that the state government is gradually giving relaxation in the rules, so we hope to get permission to start more services in the coming days. Atul Bhalla, Area Manager (West) at ITC Hotels, said, "Starting hotels is just beginning." The banquet and restaurant are being discussed at the opening. Under the 33% capacity regulations, ITC can operate in its hotels in Mumbai with 200 rooms. Booking has already started for this.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

 

 

Large hotel groups have made full preparations to open the doors of their hotels for income as their income has stalled since March. Rahul Makhija, general manager of Park Hotel in Navi Mumbai, has offered family and couple special packages. One can book a room in their hotel on weekends for 10,000 rupees (tax separately), in which the food will be free. ITC Hotels is offering a package for the weekend as well as a discount on the food bill. Along with this, special rent is being made available to those who want a room from 9 am to 9 pm. The Taj Mahal Palace has attracted guests with the Urban Gateway offers. It has a flexible policy of cancellation of bookings.

 

 

Bhalla of ITC said that he is opening his hotel with 25 to 30 percent of employees. Marriott has opened 19 hotels across Maharashtra.

 

 

Although hotels are starting to open in the state and businessmen are happy with their permission, but the beginning of business cannot be said to be good. Due to the Corona outbreak in Mumbai and neighboring cities, there was silence in small and medium hotels on the first day. Perhaps the hotel owners had already realized this, so on the first day, barely 30 percent of the hotels opened and which were open, even among them, there was a lull for Bohni. Even after waiting for a day, the people staying in the rooms hardly came.

 

 

There are around 50,000 budget hotels and lodges in Mumbai and surrounding areas. Most businessmen are saying that it will take at least one week to make hotels closed for four months. Lakhs of rupees will also be spent on each hotel, but due to the fear of Corona, the customers hardly get here. That is why the income and expenses will be in the condition of the rupee. Perhaps this is why most hotels are closed.

 

 

President of the Hotel and Restaurant Association of Western India, Gurbaksh Singh Kohli said that big hotels have opened but budget hotels will open gradually. 70 percent of the employees working in these hotels have returned to their homes. Those who are left are also hardly able to reach due to poor traffic system. Although 40-50 percent of the hotels will open in a week, Kohli said that 20-30 percent of the hotels who have suffered due to lockdown can hardly reopen.

 

 

Bharat Malkani, an owner of the T24 Hotel, said that there are no laborers to make hotels that have been closed for four months. Even then they had started booking but not a single customer came. Malkani says that all the places to visit in Mumbai are closed, no one is coming here from Kabhar after seeing the condition of Corona, rail-air service is also not operating properly. In such a situation, who will come to stay in hotels.

 

 

There is also the complaint of budget hotel owners that they have not received any help from the governments even after facing the biggest losses. Kohli is seeking exemption in property tax, electricity bills, etc. They say that if this does not happen, then the big hotels will open, whose number is barely 5 percent, but the budget hotels will be broken.

2 Like 0 Dislike
Previous news Next news
Other news

Covid-19: 5881 active cases of corona in the country after the decline, 5 deaths in last 24 hours

While there has been a spurt of 408 cases in a single day in the cases of corona in the country,

Delhi-NCR Stray Dogs: 'I will look into it, ' said CJI Gavai on the petition related to stray dogs

An appeal was made in the Supreme Court for an early hearing on a petition regarding stray dogs.

Lok Sabha Election: Home Minister Amit Shah's election meeting in Arrah, RK Singh said - the people of Bhojpur will welcome

Home Minister Amit Shah will hold an election rally today in favor of Bharatiya Janata Party

Children at risk in the third wave of Corona? Know what percentage of children came in the grip of the virus in the first and second wave

The havoc of the second wave of Corona has gradually reduced a lot. During the second wave, there

Rahul Gandhi: So will Rahul Gandhi return to Parliament today, what is the process of returning the MP?

Monday is considered very special for Congress leader Rahul Gandhi after getting relief from the

Serial blasts in Afghanistan: Continuous blasts near Mazar-e-Sharif in Kabul; 16 killed, 22 injured

Four explosions occurred one after the other late Wednesday evening in Kabul, the capital of Afgh

This 'Heeramandi' actress will be seen on the red carpet of Cannes this time with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, know details

Like every year, this year too the biggest film festival i.e. Cannes Fil

Ruturaj Gaikwad Under Threat from Sanju Samson! Questions Arise After Chennai Super Kings' Back-to-Back Defeats.

Chennai Super Kings have had a poor start to the 2026 IPL season. The team, led by Ruturaj Gaikwa

BPSC Exam: Amidst protests, the exam will be held again today under tight security, static and zonal magistrates will keep an eye

Amidst the strong demand for complete cancellation of the integrated 70th Combined Preliminary Co

Boys dance wearing burqas in Mangaluru: College claims Muslim students dancing; all four suspended

In a college in Mangaluru's Vamanjoor, some boys danced wearing burqas. After the video went vira

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash