IND vs AUS: Cricket experts reacted to the scuffle between Kohli and Constas, Gavaskar and Vaughan gave their opinion


Posted on 26th Dec 2024 11:32 am by rohit kumar

On the first day of the Boxing Day match being played between India and Australia in Melbourne, a controversy erupted when Virat Kohli and debutant Australian young batsman Sam Constas got into a scuffle. Now former greats like Sunil Gavaskar and Michael Vaughan have given their opinion on this. However, both of them have criticized Kohli's aggressive attitude on the field.

 

How did the scuffle happen?

 

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

In the 11th over of the Australian innings, Constas hit two fours and a six off Jasprit Bumrah. After the third ball of the over, Kohli was coming back from the non-striker end. At the same time, Constas was moving ahead of the crease. Then Kohli's shoulder collided with Constas' shoulder. Both collided. On this, Constas turned back and said a few words to Kohli, and then Kohli also replied. A video of the altercation between the two has surfaced. After this, the umpire came and separated the two and calmed the matter. Konstas had earlier also had an altercation with fast bowler Mohammad Siraj. Siraj was seen provoking Konstas by saying something when he beat him.

 

Gavaskar said - this could have been avoided.

 

Talking about this incident, former Indian team captain Gavaskar said that it would be interesting to see what kind of ban the match referee imposes on both players at the end of the day's play. Gavaskar said, this is the heated atmosphere of Test cricket, but this could have been avoided. I mean it was like you are walking on a busy road and see that someone is coming from the front, then you can move aside. There is nothing in this, if you move away you will not become small. You would not want to see such things on the playing field.

 

Gavaskar said, without seeing the replay, my first opinion in this matter is that both the players were looking down. I think both of them would not have seen each other coming. Konstas was probably looking at his bat, while Kohli's eyes were on the ball. We will know in the evening who is fined more in this case.

 

Healy-Vaughan criticized Kohli

 

Former England captain Michael Vaughan said that the mistake was completely Kohli's because 19-year-old Konstas batted fearlessly, which made Kohli, who is called the king of world cricket, uncomfortable. Vaughan said Kohli behaved completely wrongly. I do not understand why such an experienced player, who is the king, clashed with a 19-year-old player. Konstas did not make any mistakes at this place. Kohli went towards him and you cannot do this.

 

At the same time, Australia women's team batsman Alyssa Healy criticized Kohli's behavior. Healy said, it is very disappointing to see that such an experienced player, who is the top player of his country, looked like this.

1 Like 0 Dislike
Previous news Next news
Other news

Saif Ali Khan: From the attack on Saif Ali Khan to the formation of teams for investigation, know what has happened in the case so far

A thief attacked Saif Ali Khan with a knife in his Mumbai Bandra house. Saif suffered serious spi

'Gujarat will become Khalistan...', more than 30 schools in Ahmedabad and Vadodara received email threats

On Monday morning, more than 30 schools in Gujarat received threats via email, threatening to bom

Akash Deep's car, worth Rs 62 lakhs, became a noose around his neck; he was banned from driving, and he got a notice

Indian cricketer Akashdeep Singh was delivered a Fortuner vehicle without registration and a High

Bengal Elections: TMC MP Challenges Prime Minister—Asks,

Amidst the voting for the second and final phase of the West Bengal Assembly elections, political

Goa Fire Tragedy: Complaints about illegal construction at the nightclub had been ongoing for years, reveals the landowner.

The nightclub in Goa, where a fire claimed 25 lives, had been the subject of complaints for many

Steven Smith Retirement: Steve Smith could not bear the pain of defeat against India, and suddenly said goodbye to the ODI

Australian team captain Steve Smith announced his retirement from ODI cricket. The Indian team de

Grok Controversy: Elon Musk Announces Deletion of Old User Data; Here's What It Means

Elon Musk's artificial intelligence company xAI has taken a major privacy-focused step after its

There is no judicial review of constitutional amendment: Rajya Sabha Chairman Dhankhar mentioned NJC in Justice Varma's case, know.

Amid questions being raised on the independence of the judiciary in the case of Delhi High Court

Delhi: Air purifiers will be installed in 10,000 classrooms in Delhi, Education Minister Ashish Sood announced.

Delhi Education Minister Ashish Sood announced on Friday that air purifiers will be installed in

BJP vs Congress: 'Well thought out strategy to create chaos', BJP hits back at opposition's march; Rahul cornered

BJP has strongly countered the opposition's Election Commission march over the Bihar SIR case. Un

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash