IPL 2020: Aakash Chopra's big statement on Dinesh Karthik leaving the captaincy of KKR team, said - Captivity has been taken away from him


Posted on 17th Oct 2020 02:51 pm by rohit kumar

Wicketkeeper-batsman Dinesh Karthik, who captained the Kolkata Knight Riders for more than two years, relinquished the captaincy on Saturday. He made this decision ahead of the match against Mumbai Indians in which the team suffered an eight-wicket defeat against Mumbai. Dinesh Karthik's surprise decision surprised many veteran cricketers. According to Karthik, he took this decision to focus on his batting. Akash Chopra, former cricketer of Team India and currently commenting in the IPL, has given his statement on this entire matter.

 

Talking on his YouTube channel, Akash Chopra said that Dinesh Karthik has not withdrawn himself from the captaincy but he has been removed by the team management. Akash Chopra believes that no player wants to give up captaincy in the middle season. Akash further said that KKR has taken away the captaincy from Karthik, although this is not said officially but it is always said that the players do not want to captain their team. He said that I have not spoken to Karthik in this matter but according to the news it was said that he does not want to be the captain anymore.

 

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

On the performance of Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL, Akash said that the team is doing well at the moment. The team has won four out of the eight matches played so far and has lost four. At the point table, the team is currently at number four with eight points. The team now has to play against Sunrisers Hyderabad on Sunday. The match will be played in Abu Dhabi.

 

Significantly, this is the 9th time in the history of IPL, when a captain has left the captaincy of the team in the middle of the tournament. Last year, Rajasthan Royals replaced Ajinkya Rahane as captain and replaced Steve Smith as the new captain. The first captain in the IPL was VVS Laxman, who left the captaincy in the middle of the tournament. He was replaced by Adam Gilchrist, command of the Deccan Chargers.

2 Like 0 Dislike
Previous news Next news
Other news

Award to 'UDAN' scheme: 419 new air routes started, this big target has been set by the Ministry of Aviation for 2024

Usha Padhi, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Civil Aviation said that so far around 67 destinations h

Rajiv Gandhi Assassination Case: Supreme Court's big decision, order for the release of Rajiv Gandhi assassination convict Perarivalan

The Supreme Court took a big decision on Wednesday in the former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi assa

Pakistan crisis: Government's order to the Ministry of External Affairs - cut the number of missions and officers abroad

Pakistan is currently facing an unprecedented economic crisis. Inflation is skyrocketing. Importe

Maratha Reservation: SC seeks answers from all states, said- The decision will have an impact on the entire country

The Supreme Court will consider whether states can give reservations by declaring any class as ba

Degree Racket: The business of fake Ph.D. and Master's degrees were going on from Tech City, police arrested four

In Karnataka's Tech City Bengaluru, the police have taken major action against the gang running a

Three major railway stations including Delhi will be rejuvenated, the government told the plan to invest 10 thousand crores

The Union Cabinet took three major decisions on Wednesday. It also includes the rejuvenation of r

Rajeev Shukla lashes out at Pakistan TV's fake video, BCCI gives a befitting reply to Pakistan TV's 'AI ploy.'

Whenever a match is played between India and Pakistan on the cricket field, a war of words often

QUAD stands with India, condemns the Pahalgam terror attack in one voice; said- the culprits should be punished at all costs

The foreign ministers of the Quad countries have strongly condemned the horrific terrorist attack

CM Yogi bluntly, new film city to be made in UP, no one is snatching investment

Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Wednesday met entrepreneurs and filmmakers, espec

Maldives: Who will replace the Indian personnel posted in Maldives? This reply came from the Ministry of External Affairs

Days after the second high-level meeting between India and Maldives, New Delhi has confirmed that

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash